Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water softener problem

• 06-03-2011 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi i have a autotrol 255/440 valve/control softener and have a problem with unit drawing in brine, when i turn camshaft to draw it will draw brine but very slowly , over a few days i notice the brine tank start to fill gradually as i think the valve is not drawing as must brine as it should on a cycle and then when it comes around to refill the tank water gradually gets higher. I have tried cleaning the injector and screen and i think the flappers are OK , also the ball in air check remains afloat on draw cycle. One thing i noticed was when cycle comes to refill i noticed small air bubbles coming up through air check , is this normal?Any help much appreciated.

Advertisement