Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to recycle a sheet of glass

Options
  • 06-03-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could recycle a sheet of glass, its about 0.6m squared. I checked the Rehab website but not finding anything on it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You could break it up and just stick the pieces in a bottle bank?
    Otherwise I don't know sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You could ask a place that cuts glass, they usually have a bin for scraps. They might even use it !

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

check with the enviornment dept. of the county council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Gardeners grow plants under glass, seedlings maybe?Might be of use to someone you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Greaney Glass in Carnmore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You could also Freecycle it, there is a Galway sub-group

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Thanks for the replies, I found the Council's recycling centre.....

Recycling Centre Liosbaun Industrial Estate
    Galway City Council’s Recycling Centre is located in Liosbaun Industrial Estate. Click here for map.

Public opening hours:

Monday - Thursday 2 - 4 pm
    Fridays 2 - 3 pm
    Saturday 9 - 1 pm

Items ACCEPTED:
    · Glass - Jars & Bottles ONLY
    · Clothes - Clean
    · Liquids - Cooking Oil & Waste Engine Oil ONLY
    · Batteries – Car & Household
    · Light Bulbs - Fluorescent Tubes & CFL bulbs ONLY
    · Paint
    · WEEE – Domestic/ Household Waste Electronic & Electrical Equipment
    · Large Hard Plastics – Toys, Basins, Buckets, Garden Furniture etc
    · Waste Metals – Bicycles, Buggies, Toys & Small Items
    · Timber – Small items

Items NOT accepted:
    · Glass – Window Panes, Mirrors, Pyrex etc (These items can be placed in the grey bin).
    · Hazardous Liquids – White Spirits, Weedkiller, Glue etc (These items must be disposed of using the Chemcar mobile collection facility).
    · Paper – Phonebooks, Newspapers etc (These items can be placed in the green bin).
    · Packaging – (Recyclable packaging can be placed in the green bin, for non-recyclable packaging or for large amounts, contact a private waste contractor).
    · Plastic bottles and containers – (These items can be placed in the green bin).
    · Aerosols – Deodorant, Hair Spray, Paint Spray etc. (These items must be disposed of using the Chemcar mobile collection facility).

Galway City Council Recycling Centre is under 24-hour surveillance. All license plates are recorded and anyone found dumping illegal items will be issued with a €150 on-the-spot fine and may also be prosecuted under the Litter Pollution Acts 1997-2003 under which the maximum fine is €1,900.

The recycling centre is open to currently registered WEEE Retailers ONLY from 8.00am to 11.00am Monday-Friday.

Please note: Members of the public are advised that it is their responsibility to remove all data from computers, hard drives, memory devices, phones, media players etc. prior to disposal so as to prevent misuse of personal information and other data or images.

This project is funded under the National Development Plan and co-funded by the European Union Structural Funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Do the council charge for recycling. I have some paint I want to get rid of

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Do the council charge for recycling. I have some paint I want to get rid of
    No. It's free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

I once had to get rid of a large pane of glass, i just went out the back of the house, smashed it and put all the pieces in the grey bin. took me hours to pick up all the bits though

• Advertisement
Advertisement