Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good breakfast in Kilmainham

Options
  • 06-03-2011 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Does anyone know of a place to get a decent fry up in the Kilmainham area? Can't find anywhere...new cafe across the road from Kilmainham Gaol only serves tea and buns and doesn't open at weekends :-(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Hilton hotel across the road from the gail ? might be a bit expensive

Or on up the scr there is a insomnia cafe beside spar,maybe they do some or you could try out inchicore lots of cafes there near Black lion pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

There isnt anywhere in Kilmainham to get a fry as far as I know (unless The Patriot does one)

Options are Parkgate Street - Ryans do a nice fry (but is obviously not open early), as does the small restaurant a couple of doors down (i forget its name).

Or else there are a load of places in Inchicore.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mikeindublin

realies wrote: »
    Hilton hotel across the road from the gail ? might be a bit expensive

Or on up the scr there is a insomnia cafe beside spar,maybe they do some or you could try out inchicore lots of cafes there near Black lion pub.

Thanx, At 18euro Hilton is not bad value if you're up for a big five-course breakfast, but if you're just after scrambled eggs on toast it's a bit much.

Insomnia is just cakes I'm afraid...the hunt goes on!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mikeindublin

steve9859 wrote: »
    There isnt anywhere in Kilmainham to get a fry as far as I know (unless The Patriot does one)

Options are Parkgate Street - Ryans do a nice fry (but is obviously not open early), as does the small restaurant a couple of doors down (i forget its name).

Or else there are a load of places in Inchicore.

Where in Inchicore? Don't really know anywhere like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Haven't had a chance to go but Noshington just opposite Griffth College on the SCR is always packed so it must be good, might be a tad far mind you.

http://noshington.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

The Galway Hooker in Heuston Station seves brekkie until 12 I believe!
    http://www.dublinpubs.ie/pub.asp?id=801

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Haven't had a chance to go but Noshington just opposite Griffth College on the SCR is always packed so it must be good, might be a tad far mind you.

http://noshington.com/

I was in there last weekend for breakfast. It's yum! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

cosmic wrote: »
    I was in there last weekend for breakfast. It's yum! :)

Must pop up over the Easter hols from college for a nice breakfast. The aul Burger and wedges for lunch looks tempting mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Must pop up over the Easter hols from college for a nice breakfast. The aul Burger and wedges for lunch looks tempting mind you.

They did up a nice veggie breakfast for us. Eggs, mushroom, tomato, potato chunks and amazing soda bread. They're a bit stingy with their tea though so make sure to ask them to fill the pot to the top. We had to ask for a hot drop, because we only got three little cups of tea out of a pot for two people, but they had no problem doing if for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

La Boulugerie on Bulfin Road do a great breakfast and also lunch-as good a burger as anywhere in Dublin.Nice outdoor seating area,always in the sun and great veggie options.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

If your still looking op, new cafe opened up just past kilmainham gail on right hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

realies wrote: »
    If your still looking op, new cafe opened up just past kilmainham gail on right hand side.

open only from monday to friday and during working hours.... :(
    BS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

there's nowhere directley in kilmainham that does a breakfast im not sure if the resturant upstairs in kilmainham gaol do a breakfast but it is a nice cosy little place check it out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

OP I would recommend venturing over to the southside of the city to avoid the rabbit sausages and duck eggs of a northside breakfast. The bacon comes from pigeons on the northside. Most ****ty centre breakfast places, on the southside, will do you a proper, decent fry up. And not raid your wallet!

im cooking my own breakfat this morning before i get into my coffin for a few hours:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

im cooking my own breakfat this morning before i get into my coffin for a few hours:D:D:D

75%20Awkward.jpg

if your ever down around camden st there's a nice little cafe called the cafe sofia run by a guy called val from bulgaria he does a lovley breakfast for 5euro and the food there is lovley nice warm athmosphere as well it's right beside the motorbike shop on camden st ther's seating outside tooo for smokers...

Advertisement