Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed now !

Options
  • 06-03-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Guys, I have a problem need fixing, I have a patio door with the plastic inserts.
    Approx size of double glazed glass is 5.5 ft by 2.5ft.
    Looks not unlike this....
    http://doors-sliding.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/french-patio-doors-image.jpg Image not my doors !

Now my problem is simple, I cant get anyone to replace it, in fact I cant even get anyone (3 tried) to even bother calling me back or turn up.. and there was silly me thinking there is no work out there;)

Any ideas who in the carlow area can help ? I am just outside the town on the Rosslare road...

Thanks for your time folks !!!

Also any ideas what it should cost ? only one door glass was smashed,,, I have no idea who to get at this point or what to expect price wise....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

Is it just the glass you are replacing? If so i'd try Mealy Glass on the O'Brien road or Carlow Glass (not sure if there still around)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Dj wrote: »
    Is it just the glass you are replacing? If so i'd try Mealy Glass on the O'Brien road or Carlow Glass (not sure if there still around)

Yes just the glass, its a sealed unit as in I have to buy the whole double glazed unit including the plastic insert that makes it look like single panes of glass..

So yes, the whole glass part of one door..

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Yes just the glass, its a sealed unit as in I have to buy the whole double glazed unit including the plastic insert that makes it look like single panes of glass..

So yes, the whole glass part of one door..

Yeah i would try Mealys first, you might be better going into them and tell them exactly what you want

Advertisement