If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro / Mini Systems

Options
  • 06-03-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looking for something for Bedroom (no advice or giggles please !!!)

Looking for Micro / Micro, Must have CD player, Radio.

Must have the ability to take connection from Airport Express to play music via Airtunes

Cheers

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Shameless Bump :)

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Deep Thought

OK I'll keep the answer rated U....(despite the temptation....)

I had a look at the AirPort Express spec's and it will plug into any hifi with a Line In for Audio.

We have a wide and comprehensive range of systems to choose from - i'll exclude the units with built in iPod docks as i'll assume you'll be sending your music from Itunes and not a docked iPod - most of our iPod docking system have line ins as well if you'd fancy one of these.

I'll start with the MC235B
    mc235b_05__fv_.jpg
    Its a pretty neat little system as you can see.

Here is it's full spec ->
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/mc235b_05_pss_eng.pdf
    This is a compact wall mountable CD, Radio (FM/MW) micro system with a LINE IN and remote control.
    Its power output is 5 watts per channel

This little system sells for €99.99

Another option is the Philips MCB-146
    mcb146_05__fv_.jpg
    This unit will play your CD's has an FM and DAB Radio plus a LINE IN round the back
    Its has a 2x2 watt power output
    Here is the spec sheet for you to browse
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/m/mcb146_05/mcb146_05_pss_eng.pdf

Its a little larger all round and cant be wall mounted.

This unit sells for €89.99

There is a very cool option higher up the food chain, the MCi298
    Looks like this...

mci298_05__fv_.jpg
    This unit gives you CD playback, FM radio and INTERNET(wired or Wireless) radio as well as USB input and the LINE IN

One of the cool things this unit can do is stream music directly from your computer and it will play nice with iTunes - just need to load TwonkyMedia software (supplied with the MCi298) and your good to go.
    Then you can navigate around your music library from the touch screen display on the unit itself - might be an option to consider??

Check out its spec's here ->
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/m/mci298_05/mci298_05_pss_eng.pdf

This unit sells instore for €199.99

There is plenty of other options available to you, check 'em out here on our web site
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/audiomain.htm

We have these all on display in the shop so feel free to call in and demo them - we'll happily show you around the options.

Finally...
    Just to tempt you i'll pm very keen prices on the units i've suggested above but if you see something on our website that takes you fancy let me know and i'll see what I can do for you on the price.

ATB
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi

Looking for something for Bedroom (no advice or giggles please !!!)

Looking for Micro / Micro, Must have CD player, Radio.

Must have the ability to take connection from Airport Express to play music via Airtunes

Cheers

http://www.richersounds.com/product/mini-hifi-systems/marantz/mcr603/mara-mcr603-blk

Have an eyeful of that little beauty.

This Marant MCR603 at £449.95 does everything you are looking for, but is also really H I G H quality and really well built - in addition it is also one of the first hi-fi systems that's compatible with Apple AirPlay.

With optional AirPlay you can send your stored music on your iPhone or iPod Touch straight to the hi-fi - no dock or cables required! With an Ethernet connection you can also connect the M-CR603 to your home network hub and enjoy a wide range of advantages. Accessing Internet radio gives the choice of thousands of radio stations from around the world.

Napster is also supported, meaning that you never need buy another CD again! Thanks to DLNA certification, you can also stream music from your PC or NAS (Network Attached Storage) system, allowing the Marantz to control and playback your whole library of music.

And whilst the Apple Airplay option is normally an additional £50 I have a few I can do FREE OF CHARGE for any Boardies who buy any Marantz Airplay compatible receiver or System from us!

Thanks again and keep us posted if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.