Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horses?!

Options
  • 06-03-2011 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

I live in Castlecurragh, and I've seen an increase in the amount of horses galloping up and down the streets lately. Nearly got run over by one on Snugburrough road as well.

What the hell ? Who has horses in a city? Surely this is to be expected only of backwards eastern european countries.... Theres horse poop everywhere on the sidewalks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

noxqs wrote: »
    I live in Castlecurragh, and I've seen an increase in the amount of horses galloping up and down the streets lately. Nearly got run over by one on Snugburrough road as well.

What the hell ? Who has horses in a city? Surely this is to be expected only of backwards eastern european countries.... Theres horse poop everywhere on the sidewalks.

You're either not from Dublin or have lived a sheltered life if you are. I hate it too but horses have always been kept in housing estates around Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They keep them in the fields off Powerstown Road up by Tyrellstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Amandac2kaii11

Theres nothing wrong with that horses are lovely .... so what if they go to the toilet ... its a natural thing .

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

I live in Castlecurragh...

What the hell ? Who has horses in a city?

What?When did Dublin 15 become a city?
    In the 90's, horses were all over the place, tied down to every field and green that the owners could keep them on. Especially up your way. They're coming back because these horses are worth nothing now, literally nothing. The only difference now is that they are being kept on private land most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

You've had a sheltered life haven't you...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Theres nothing wrong with that horses are lovely .... so what if they go to the toilet ... its a natural thing .

horses are lovely, but need to be cared for properly, not left wandering the streets endangering people and themselves, as well as destroying peoples property. You'd be amazed the damage a few horses can do to a garden in a short number of hours. My garden was trashed yet again last week by a group of 7 or 8 horses which are roaming around for the last month or so. They were in again last night, but luckily I heard them and got them out.
    5T3PH3N wrote: »
    What?When did Dublin 15 become a city?
    In the 90's, horses were all over the place, tied down to every field and green that the owners could keep them on. Especially up your way. They're coming back because these horses are worth nothing now, literally nothing. The only difference now is that they are being kept on private land most of the time.

In my experience, they are not being kept on private land, they are on public land and allowed to wander freely.
    Kev. wrote: »
    You've had a sheltered life haven't you...

MOD NOTE: Any more remarks like that and you may find yourself banned. Please remain civil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Anyone know anything about the dead horse in the field on the ongar road??:confused:

I heard the DSPCA shot it but surely they would remove it if thats the case?

I rang the Garda was told nothing to do with them, and the DSPCA phone just rings out.
    Very upsetting to see the poor thing :(

Yeah the horses kept around the new Damastown road are on public ground but the local Travelling community seem to think it's their private land.

Advertisement