Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Mod for a .243

Options
  • 06-03-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭
    Paul Murphy

Well lad's i was just wondering wot would be the best Mod to put on my .243?
    any idea's?
    make's and price's?
    thank's :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Best mod to put on a .243?? The one I have for sale!! :D

Wel the new aluminium ones are all the rage now as they are light weight but for you I reckon you would be more suited with a stainless steel one as you would be using it for foxing too! Not sure how well the aluminium ones would hold up to that kind of use.

Can't really go wrong with any kind of Ase! Also what thread is your rifle or will you be getting it threaded to suit??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I have a Pes mod on my T3, does a good job, could fire the rifle with just foam ear plugs, no need for big bulky peltors!

Its not strippable but its all stainless steel, so no rust issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

wildcat pred 8, i have one on my .223 and its a class yoke. strips down for cleaning, stainless steel, quite, and you can change the parts in it so you can change cal and thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭ballistic

CMM 4 by A tec. Weigh 7 ounces. Cost around 300 euro from John Lambert Camolin. I have one on my 270 win and you wouldnt no it was on the rifle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭GixxerThou

lightest one is the atec, quietest is a T8, an ase or jet z would be the only other ones I would consider. Predators have a rep for sending the baffles down range and pess are not that quiet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

How light is the Atec? Does it compare with the aluminium types from Roedale and the like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

ormondprop wrote: »

Wow, that's light. Nice. It adds 160mm to the length of the gun, so whichever adds less is going to be the winner really. Must pop ejg a shout now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

ya they're very light alright, less than half the weight of my jetz compact
    anyone know what price they are or where you can buy them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭GixxerThou

murph226 wrote: »

tried a pes on a .270 years ago and it was very long and heavy and Dixon kill as much noise as the t8, tried one on my .243 last year and the rubber o ring blew out the back causing gas to hit my face and it frightened the sh1t outa me. Will never use one again.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Heard a t8 yesterday and its very quiet you wouldnt think its a 243 being fired at all

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭DR6.5

I got mine for 270 euro off john lambert, if you want you can add baffles to the mod, there is a two year warranty with them.

I have found the mod brilliant during the stalking season, it dosnt unbalance the rifle at all, you get to see the animal taking the shot and one other thing that i like about it is that there is no tinny noise like the t8/t4 mods.

I fired the 25-06 for the first time without the mod on the weekend and the difference it makes is significant, theres some bang out of the 25-06.

Would highly recomend the atec mod.

dr6.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I've used T8 and ASE S5. The ASE gets hot if you fire a lot of rounds down range, fired 24 yesterday and Cammo tape Melted onto it:eek:

Having said that Aluminium would get even hotter when 24 rounds go through her.

Love to test a Roedale mod in the field to give a complete report!

Advertisement