Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to call at the weekend for emergenices?

• 06-03-2011 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,
    I am just wondering does anyonr know of who to ring for emergencies or to report cruelty to animals? The DSPCA do not have inspectors after 8 p.m and no-one at all at the weekend! Since Thursday I have seen at least 12 different dead swans on the canal between Portobello bridge and Suir Bridge. When I rang Thursday evening I was told to ring back Friday morning, I rang them at least three times for different reports of dead swans! Today alone I have come across FOUR dead swans on the canal and the answer machine at the DSPCA says call the Gardaí. What can they do? They can't even stop crime half the time so how are they going to help animals thet are dying from unknown causes??? The dead swans need to be removed from the canal so whatever is killing the swans cannot effect any other animals. There are kids throwing things at the remains so if there is a way to get these poor animals out of d canal before 8 a.m when the DSPCA start working. How many more will die between now and then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Did you try ISPCA? Failing that i would go ahead and call the Gardai. I have called them several times on abuse issues and they responded immediately.
    If they are dying from unknown causes then it could be abuse too I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Heard DSPCA on Mooney today and they have been investigating this for the last 2 weeks apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Maybe ring the council? I would presume that quantity of dead swans would be an issue for the environmental crowd perhaps, both rotting carcasses and whatever is killing them (something in the water?) would be serious issues I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

This was on the news earlier, dept. of agriculture are investigating the cause.

Advertisement