Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish for leaving cert

• 06-03-2011 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I was just looking through college courses and the requirements, and I noticed that for UCD commerce it said this

Entry Requirements:
    Irish*
    English
    A third language
    Mathematics **
    Two other recognised subjects
    Leaving Certficate: passes in six subjects including those shown above, of which two must be a minimum HC3.
    *A-Level and other candidates from outside the Republic of Ireland are usually exempt from the Irish Language requirement.
    **Minimum B3 LC Ordinary Level/D3 LC Higher Level

B3 or higher in ordinary level? I never knew that. Thankfully this isn't what I want, but as a repeat student I only just managed to pass Irish at ordinary level and never kept it on! Am I misunderstanding it or am I right?

Are any other courses/colleges like this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That minimum is for Maths, not Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pinkfoot

Ah my bad, excuse my stupidity... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Some, but not all Universities have Irish as an entry requirement. UCD is one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Asked and answered, yes? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement