Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the Biker nod dying off?

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

Doylers wrote: »
    On the road a few months now, not one nod or anything... fail :(

PC gone mad i tells ya..........:p

What bike you ridin..?..........it matters...;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Go for a spin in wicklow on a Sunday and you'll get some nods!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

tinyjiney wrote: »

PC gone mad i tells ya..........:p
    )

No, I have not gone mad...

Yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

P.C. wrote: »
    No, I have not gone mad...

Says you, but when you were sane. There was no one saner?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭numbnutz

Go to Navan every wednesday for work always get a nod from the dublin bound bikers on the way....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

numbnutz wrote: »
    Go to Navan every wednesday for work always get a nod from the dublin bound bikers on the way....

we country folk always oblige ;)

Get a 90% hit rate on the nod myself. Don't nod scooters mind you, too similar to a cage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Going through Clarina today got the full on left hand wave from a green jacket bloke...of course he got the same back, cheered me up no end.

Passed a church funeral also where they had a Garda bike on traffic control, he was off the bike at the time but turned the other way, suppose he was working and not riding.

On my way home, passed 2 tourists, laden to the gills with luggage, not even a nod back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

oleras wrote: »

On my way home, passed 2 tourists, laden to the gills with luggage, not even a nod back to me.

Weird, when we where going through France they'd be waving from across 6 lanes of motorway. Did you notice which country they where from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Del2005 wrote: »
    Weird, when we where going through France they'd be waving from across 6 lanes of motorway. Did you notice which country they where from?

Fraid not, both of us doing the speed limit so would have given myself whiplash...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

oleras wrote: »
    Del2005 wrote: »

Fraid not, both of us doing the speed limit so would have given myself whiplash...:pac:

No worries.

The French where probably cursing us when on the motorways, too risky to wave back ;-) Waved on most other roads, the only benefit of driving on the wrong side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I find tourists generally fairly friendly but they're more into the leg shake than the nod or wave.

We live on one of the Rosslare route so see loads of foreign bikes coming from and going to the boat and the majority are friendly (so much so that I'd love to open up a biker cafe beside our house as I'd say we'd get plenty of custom).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I'd love to open up a biker cafe beside our house as I'd say we'd get plenty of custom.

And I'd be your best customer!!! :D Nom, nom, nom. LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

The nod appears to be alive and well around Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

Same in cork, 99% of people who dont nod are snobby lookin geezers on tourers or beemers or big ass choppers. Mind you at the same time, theres a good chunk of them who nod too.

And im a langer for the noddin, scooters and all. Im half tempted some of the time to nod at cyclists but i have to stop myself before lookin like an eejit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

My first day back on the bike after a few months and I got nods from almost every bike I met. It felt great to be back out there :D

(I was off the bike because I was re-building the engine)

Advertisement