Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub related question

Options
  • 06-03-2011 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys. A lot of us over in the Pro Wrestling section were thinking of having a meet-up for Wrestlemania. The only problem is it will start at 12am and not finish till 4am.

We were wondering were there any pubs in Galway that'd be willing to open late or that we can rent out? We understand there may be drink license issues and we know there was the same questions about the Superbowl this year.

All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Would it not be handier to hold it in someones house and bring your own drink?? It would save having to rent somewhere out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Indeed but we just want to explore all possibilities first.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Ah i see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ChemicalColony

Buying a Pay Per View show in a pub costs around 400euro because of the wide audience it can cover. That is just good business by Sky. You'd need to pay this charge. I know pubs pay for Boxing but I'd imagine they wouldn't for Wrestlemania.

You might have problems with IDs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Buying a Pay Per View show in a pub costs around 400euro because of the wide audience it can cover. That is just good business by Sky. You'd need to pay this charge. I know pubs pay for Boxing but I'd imagine they wouldn't for Wrestlemania.
    Its looking like a trip to Dublin to watch it there at this stage. Presume we'll get a good crowd from Boards there to watch it in a hotel and be able to pay the cover charge.

Advertisement