Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Grant Payments

Options
  • 06-03-2011 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Does anyone know when the next grant payment from Wicklow Co Co is due to get into UCD?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Eager_Beaver

Rang them today, they claim it will be issued the week before easter.. so early april hopefully...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davi78

Thanks a million!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 different

The third grant installment from Wicklow arrived in UCD today, with a nasty little surprise. It features an 8% cut in the grant rates.

The second grant installment was issued in early December at the same rates as the first installment, before the 2011 budget announced a 4% cut in the grants, with this 4% cut due to be implemented in the third grant installment.

Now it seems some bean counter has decided to stick their oar in where it's not wanted and impose double cuts to the third installment to compensate for it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Sock cookers!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

different wrote: »
    The third grant installment from Wicklow arrived in UCD today, with a nasty little surprise. It features an 8% cut in the grant rates.

The second grant installment was issued in early December at the same rates as the first installment, before the 2011 budget announced a 4% cut in the grants, with this 4% cut due to be implemented in the third grant installment.

Now it seems some bean counter has decided to stick their oar in where it's not wanted and impose double cuts to the third installment to compensate for it. :mad:
    It's fine, not as if you could live off the grant to begin with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Are you sure that is what happened? I don't remember all my grant cheques being equal, so that may be the case with yours. Not saying you are wrong, just suggesting another reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 different

Are you sure that is what happened? I don't remember all my grant cheques being equal, so that may be the case with yours. Not saying you are wrong, just suggesting another reason.
    My grant cheques have always been equal* (with one of them being a Euro higher higher/lower than the rest as the total isn't always divisible by 3).

A 5% cut was announced in Budget 2010 (Dec 2009). This was implemented by reducing all payments issued after the date of the budget by 5%.

This year that has changed so that the 4% cut was backdated to the payment issued before the budget by doubling the cut in this installment to 8%!

* in the years where there were no cuts midway through the year!

Advertisement