Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Peoples Park..

Options
  • 06-03-2011 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

I never really paid attention to this place while passing by in the car, but today I had the pleasure of cycling past and I have got to say the absolute state of it, tons of bottles and litter on the ground and caught in branches etc, Why is not being maintained?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

erm Cá bhfuil Galway Peoples Park ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

snubbleste wrote: »
    erm Cá bhfuil Galway Peoples Park ?

Is it not the name for the park going over the bridge on the right headed towards Terryland??

Steyr wrote: »
    Is it not the name for the park going over the bridge on the right headed towards Terryland??

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

That looks more like some neglected waste land than a park.
    Needs a severe amount of work to turn it into something that resembles a people's park.

snubbleste wrote: »
    No.

I remember a sign there at an entrance to it saying something like Galway this is your park etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I remember a sign there at an entrance to it saying something like Galway this is your park etc.

Sounds like something preceded with the lines..Brought to you by Frank Fahey...LOL

Its Terryland Forest Park, This is the sign I remember:

119DAEC9BC4843709CF791688F919B42-0000336624-0002200590-00400L-1DC287BD31A3461D807DFFB8711FE18E.png

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

The park is usually maintained.
    But it was a chosen spot for some Rag week revellers last week (the scuts).

Guess it hasn't been cleaned up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

I believe there are annual volunteer clean ups of this place and possible tree planting (http://friendsoftheterrylandforest.blogspot.com/) if anyone wants to get involved. I imagine after Rag Week there will be another clean up organised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Used to walk that way when i was living in castlelawn on my way into work, looked neglected as hell then too so it was bad before the onset of rag week. A lot of hobos used to hang around there.

op, you should get Cllr 'i hate trees' Crowe on to it, that'll be the end of the Terryland Forest Park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

drum! wrote: »
    I believe there are annual volunteer clean ups of this place and possible tree planting (http://friendsoftheterrylandforest.blogspot.com/) if anyone wants to get involved. I imagine after Rag Week there will be another clean up organised.

This is the reply I would have loved to cut and paste the student who defended rag week hassel and said that folk were paid to clean up after them!!!

Thanks for the link.

By the way, isn't the peoples park the one in Salthill beside the Salthill hotel?? Bush drinking is usually the culprit, alas.

Advertisement