Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 30's clubs in Galway City?

Options
  • 06-03-2011 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

I am heading to Galway City in a couple of weeks for a night with a couple of mates. We want to go to a niteclub but not one where everyone is 18-25. Are there any over 30's niteclubs in Galway City or County?

GRMA.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

the Quays is what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

Of the nightclubs in town, halo probably has the oldest clientele but it ranges from 20-35. Probably better looking for a good late bar instead of a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Spanish Arch hotel - AKA Jurassic Park

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

dilallio wrote: »

haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Check out Carbon too,they have harp.on tap.

People over 30 like harp,dont they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Only if Harp goes with their tea sweeteners :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Quays, OP.

Usually has decent live bands on.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Monroe's is good for live music and it's open late upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

AKA Grab a granny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

I was in there on Saturday night. Surprisingly enough it was actually pretty good craic. The cover band was very good but they were so loud we couldn't even have a conversation. I didn't think the crowd was too old. It seemed like a good mix of all ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Handiniho

Was at a 30th birthday in the Spanish Arch recently. That place has changed completely from what it used to be. Much younger crowd and great atmosphere, seems to have been renovated. No grannies allowed anymore apparently. Front Door gets an 30 something crowd and also has a late bar although gets pretty packed on Saturday nights. Also have found upstairs in the Quays to be a good old reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Handiniho wrote: »
    Was at a 30th birthday in the Spanish Arch recently. That place has changed completely from what it used to be. Much younger crowd and great atmosphere, seems to have been renovated. No grannies allowed anymore apparently. Front Door gets an 30 something crowd and also has a late bar although gets pretty packed on Saturday nights. Also have found upstairs in the Quays to be a good old reliable.

Just curious ... how do they enforce the 'no grannies allowed' policy? Have they a sign at the door saying 'no dinosaurs'? Or do the bouncers stop people at the door who are over a certain age?

My friend who got divorced a couple of years ago will be devastated! He thought it was the easiest place in town :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Handiniho

No idea how that works I'm afraid! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

They put a big trough of prunes down druids lane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭JohnDee

AKA Land of the Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mustang01

quays r munroes ur best bet mate ! munroes seems to have better bands for da last while though ! only other options r late pubs , dail r spanish arch for da older crowd ! hope u have a good one ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Wtf dd da lst pst say??

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

I was actually just going to ask about the Spanish Arch Hotel...

My parents and another couple have been refused twice, and my mother also on a work night out. They are both in their early 50's. They were in town again tonight and even though they didn't even want to go to the Spanish Arch Hotel they just wanted to see would they be refused again and they were. The bouncer told them it was full when it clearly wasn't nearly full.
    I think it's quite funny but they are seriously unimpressed with it. I think the hotel should be hanging on to what it's got because there are already far more established places in Galway for a younger age group and I can't see it working for them. Surely they can't keep up turning people away like that before they get sued?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

JohnDee wrote: »
    AKA Land of the Dead

AKA The Scrap Heap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Clubbing for over 30s is in Galway has a lot to be desired. If not alone for the music. The Quays is a meat market, the Spanish Arch seems to attract over boozed leeches. Halo and Central Park are well uptight and uncomfortable IMO.... Bar 8 was a good spot but they mostly concentrate on food now.

Rosin Dubhs or Massimos is probably your best bet. Monroe’s isn't terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

what about that place above the quays. is that a night club for older people. Not sure what time it starts at but just heard of it. Think it is €8 entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

evoke wrote: »
    what about that place above the quays. is that a night club for older people. Not sure what time it starts at but just heard of it. Think it is €8 entry.
    That is The Quays, theres the pub downstairs and the live venue upstairs.
    CP is for teens, Halo is half snobby/ half redneck. Roisin is an eclectic mix. All thats left is the likes of Kellys, Dail and Buskers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

celty wrote: »
    Jhow do they enforce the 'no grannies allowed' policy? Have they a sign at the door saying 'no dinosaurs'? Or do the bouncers stop people at the door who are over a certain age?
    The sign is hidden behind the bouncer ahd he points granny at it when she tries to go in.
    dinosa9.jpg
    Meanwhile they have this outside Halo
    animal237.jpg

Advertisement