Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White lines on photo playback

• 06-03-2011 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I bought a camera on Adverts. Its a Fuji S9500.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/digital-cameras/review/2005/11/01/Fujifilm-FinePix-S9500/p1

Anyway I'm having a bit of bother that I cant seem to find a solution for on good 'ol Google and I was wondering if anyone on here could shed some light!!

Here's the problem:

When I take a photo, the initial shot comes up in the view-finder as clear as day.

But when I put the camera onto play mode and look at the pictures previously taken, they all have white parallel lines running through them {See attached image}. It is not the case with video playback, this is perfect.

Any ideas what the problem might be? I'm not sure if the photos will have the lines on them when I put them onto my P.C, but I will check this when I get home from work and update the thread.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

wow, no idea but thats not good. when did you buy it ?
    I am assuming recently, Talk to the seller..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Bought it on Adverts on Thursday, contacted the seller but he said he never had this problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Have you tried putting the camera into "review" mode for still photos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

It might be that you're using high frequency flourescent lights, which are essentially flickering on and off as the camera scans the sensor.

Try going outside and taking a shot..... and for the love of FSM download a photo and see if the problem persists :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

yermandan wrote: »
    Bought it on Adverts on Thursday, contacted the seller but he said he never had this problem

It looks like an issue with a lot of Fuji Finepix cameras (google the problem for just <fuji finepix white lines> without the S9500). If it's the same issue then it's hard to believe the seller did not have the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Cheers for all the replies lads and ladies.

I contacted the seller and he said he never had any issue like this.

The guy in the shop pulled a file from the memory card that came with the camera that the previous owner must have taken and you can see the lines in that one!!

Then I uploaded the photos using iphoto and unbelievably the majority came out grand. Such a weird problem. I have attached one of the files that came out (EDIT : It wont upload for some reason!!) but you can still see the lines going through it. Its like my mac detects the problem but fixes it as much as it can automatically.

Its just a shame that I cant view them properly without uploading them onto my laptop!

Thanks anyway

Advertisement