Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipod

• 06-03-2011 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Hi

i hope I am posting this in teh correct place.

i have music on my Opod Nano for the past few years that i put on from a PC which is no longer in use.

I have now put some cds onto Itunes on my laptop. i plugged in the Iposd to copy teh music over to it, when it said that I meed to sync the ipod with the laptop and if I did this I would clear all the music that is already on th eIpod.

I am wondering is there any way I can put the new music on without loosing the music that is already on it.

I am pretty useless with this sort of stuff..................actually was kinda pround of myself I got the music onto Itunes in teh first place :D

any help well appericated

thanks
    M

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Go into itunes's settings and disable automatic syncing and you should be fine.

2602696016_98160e664e.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hi

Thanks a million for that

just how do I get into teh Itunes settings, it does not seem to be in any of the drop down menus at the top.

thanks again

M

It's probably under Preferences knowing Apple's naming convention. I'm not at my PC at the moment to check.

Hi

Sorry for asking again, when I go in to Itunes and preferences I dint see sync,

any help really appericated again,

Thanks a mil

M

Which version of itunes are you using?
    You'll find the version number under Help>About itunes.

I'm running 9 on my PC and 10 on my Mac.
    On the PC its under Edit>Preferences...>Devices.
    "Prevent ipods and iphones from syncing automatically."

I'll go check the mac too.

EDIT: Yep here it is:
    151399.png

• Advertisement

thansk a million, I got it now thats so much,

If I just tick all the music that I want to transfer over to ipod and press sync will the music move over and my old music be ok?

sorry I am really not very gud with this

my ipod is one of teh first ipod nano and I have windows vista

not sure which version of Itunes I have downloaded, but i downloaded about 2 years ago

thanks again

You don't click sync or tick anything.
    Just connect your ipod. Browse the itunes library and drag and drop any tracks you want onto your ipod icon on the left side of the screen.

Hold shift or ctrl to select multiple items.

Hi

U must think I ma the biggest dope ever,

I tried dragging some of teh music to teh ipod on teh left but it does not seem to be transferring into teh ipod,

I checked th eipod also and its not tehre

any ideas?

thanks again

When you hold the files over the ipod icon it should highlight blue. Release the mouse and it'll start to copy. You'll see a loading bar in the faux LCD at the top of the screen.

Here is a rather annoying video (sorry I couldn't find a better one) with a walkthrough:

thanks so much for that, it was very good, I think my problem is that that Ipod icon is not blue, also the ipod is not registered, ijust ignore that step...................

thanks for helping me

M

• Advertisement

OMG i think its actuallly working,,

thank you so so much

I really appericiate it

M

Well it should visibly change somehow when you drag the files over it. It may not actually turn blue, that's just the typical highlighting colour in Windows.

Did you check the manually manage ipod option he shows in the video?

Glad to hear it.

:-)

imagine at one mad stage in my life I was actually seriously thinking of studing software development in uni....................

Heh, well itunes is a horrible mess. Maybe you would have helped tame it.

Advertisement