Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Licence Question

• 06-03-2011 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All

I have an full A1 licence since 1995, A few questions
    1. Do I have to do a theory test ?
    2. Do I have to do the training which costs an arm and a Leg?
    3. Do I have to do all the module or can I just do a back to biking course ?

Thanks for any reply's......:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

What do you want to do? Renew your A1 licence or go for an A licence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Rameses

Would love to go for the A licence, but was wondering can I drive a bigger bike restricted on the A1......was looking at a varadero 125 to start with, as its 20 years since I drove a bike..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

To go for the A licence you'd need to do the theory test, apply for the permit, do the IBT etc.

On the A1, you are entitled to drive <= 125 so you could get the Varadero 125.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

RosieJoe wrote: »
    To go for the A licence you'd need to do the theory test, apply for the permit, do the IBT etc.

On the A1, you are entitled to drive <= 125 so you could get the Varadero 125.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Rameses

Thank you all, I'm going for the A have started studying and have just bought my friends bike. Honda Transalp 600 its from a good home and was loved.....need it for the long journeys to work......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Nice bike. It'll need restricting if it isn't already.

Advertisement