Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - Int. Texts

Options
  • 06-03-2011 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

I tried to register on the meteor forums, but I'm still waiting to be approved after 6 days. So I am hoping to get help here.

I recently switched to meteor from O2, as their international rates are much cheaper. When I was on O2, I was able to text my brother who is in Mexico, I just had to add a '1' in after the international dialing code. Since switching to meteor though he hasn't been able to recieve any of my texts. I've tried adding the '1' and some without the '1' but to no avail. Would anyone know why this is?

Daz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You'll have to call meteor, it should work as it did on o2, if not it's possible you may not be able to text him on meteor, are you able to call him? If you can call you should be able to text.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Meteor may not have a text agreement with the Mexican network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

as far as im aware you cant send any free texts to any number outside of Ireland, ive tried both the meteor website and that app cabbage lite and neither works.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

It happens. Have to call meteor and ask them. I remember three didn't support certain countries

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

No network has agreements with every other international networks for texting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

Yeah, Meteor don't have an agreement with Mexican network I was told. I'll see if Vodafone do and I'll probably switch to them.

Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement