Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mannix Flynn & Temple Bar

Options
  • 06-03-2011 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Just read in the paper Mannix Flynn the Dublin City councillor is to table a motion tomorrow that could lead to the winding up of the independent trust that runs Temple Bar,
    question in your opinion is this a good or bad thing ?

Comments

Any more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭next

Flynn said he wanted the council to take direct control of the trust so it could sell non-core property assets from its portfolio on the south bank of the liffey which are valued at 70m.

I'm taking this from the Business section in the Sunday Times

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭mugwumpjism

It has little to do with a new business model or saving the council money and more to do with Mannix Flynns personal grudges and ego, he has instigated a smear campaign against the trust and encourage others to do similar...the leaked information to the Irish Daily hate regarding Jay Burke and his usual victim role in regards to his Eden restaurant...I notice they didn't bring up his two other failed restaurants on georges street and Ranelagh, was this also Temple bars fault? A Bad and bitter businessman in my opinion, why didn't he contribute to articles about his landlords in these restaurants? hmmm, Cui Bono?

Who is going to buy these properties for 70m?? Who will take over the role of the trust in the council?? There is already over stretched staff issues and who will tender for other activities...surly not any of Mannix's friends..why of course not that would be a complete conflict of interest...and unethical...

Cui Bono?

Advertisement