Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good or bad internet connection speed??

Options
  • 06-03-2011 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭

1187350010.png

Just tried the test thingy and got this........
    Complete technophobe so was wondering is this good or bad??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

yeah that is good but what package are you paying eircom for 3Mb or 7Mb ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

jay93 wrote: »
    yeah that is good but what package are you paying eircom for 3Mb or 7Mb ?

Definitely paying for 7Mb

Been trying to establish a skype call with my sister today for the first time and I can see her but she cannot see me. It keeps telling me that my internet connection speed is too slow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

your phone line must be limited to just over 3Mb .do you ever get anywhere near the 7mb speed?
    seems odd that skype is saying your connection is too slow ive used skype on my mobile broadband and it works grand my speed can be as low as 1mb and i can still talk without any issues

jay93 wrote: »
    your phone line must be limited to just over 3Mb .do you ever get anywhere near the 7mb speed?
    seems odd that skype is saying your connection is too slow ive used skype on my mobile broadband and it works grand my speed can be as low as 1mb and i can still talk without any issues

I have no idea if I've ever gone near the 7Mb limit but why would I be able to pay for 7Mb if my phone line is limited to 3Mb.....

The skype allows us to talk and I have video of her but she has none of me.
    Tried it there a few mins ago and the connection bars were green and she could see me in the video but then the bars dropped to 2 and the video connection was lost again and she only had audio of me.
    I wonder if it could be anything to do with the webcam needing updating??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I have no idea if I've ever gone near the 7Mb limit but why would I be able to pay for 7Mb if my phone line is limited to 3Mb.....

The skype allows us to talk and I have video of her but she has none of me.
    Tried it there a few mins ago and the connection bars were green and she could see me in the video but then the bars dropped to 2 and the video connection was lost again and she only had audio of me.
    I wonder if it could be anything to do with the webcam needing updating??
    Hi fluffyorganic1
    not sure the web cam would make much difference with speed issue.. If you PM me your line no. I can run some tests for you and determine if any issue your with line or speeds.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi fluffyorganic1
    not sure the web cam would make much difference with speed issue.. If you PM me your line no. I can run some tests for you and determine if any issue your with line or speeds.
    Tony

Hey Tony, PM'd you yesterday....any news yet ??

Cheers:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hey Tony, PM'd you yesterday....any news yet ??

Cheers:)

Hi Fluffyorganic1
    afraid our hours on Boards are between 11:00 and 16:00 so will have a look at your line this morning and should have info soon.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pollard88

very good speed

Advertisement