Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KK for Paddys Day

Options
  • 06-03-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

I will be in Kilkenny for a while around Paddys Day. Will be heading out for a few beers on Weds night. Any suggestions on where to go??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

The Worlds end and Pat Carrolls seem to be all the rage:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I second that, The World's End in particular is a really lively spot, full of young, attractive twenty-somethings out for a good night and a dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

The Worlds End can't do any wrong these days can it? It's got a lovely beer garden, great tunes and a very easygoing clientele. If you're setting up shop there for the night though, I'd recommend getting in no later than 8.30 as it fills up fairly quickly. It's like a bloodbath trying to get in there any later.

The shots you get in there will blow your head off, ask Gordon to rustle you up a coup de grace; it's a knockout!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

The previous posts may* contain sarcasm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Worlds end is a great spot, I was in Kilkenny for a weekend and it was brilliant, really nice modern bar and friendly patrons and if your from Dublin make sure you tell them that, because the owner will give you a free drink, if the owners not there make sure you keep asking the bar men until you get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

If you can't find it just look out for a fit looking middle aged gentleman accompanied by a white dog with a studded collar. He may be able to set you straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I used to go in there before the Coo years back and it was unreal back then too. Unreal banter. The inhouse band are called Beano & Johnny and they are also unreal.

The 'coo was a great spot to get the ride in the jacks. God be with the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Unfamiliar with the establishment called the Coo, but I highly recommend a bar called the Kilford Arms after visiting the worlds end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

catbear wrote: »
    If you can't find it just look out for a fit looking middle aged gentleman accompanied by a white dog with a studded collar. He may be able to set you straight.
    Or the most famous local of them all, damm I can't think of his name but he's that nice guy on the wheel chair. Often having a fag outside the front. Great aul' character!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Plug wrote: »
    Or the most famous local of them all, damm I can't think of his name but he's that nice guy on the wheel chair. Often having a fag outside the front. Great aul' character!
    Lovely fella to deal with I hear. Ah bless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Just once I wish somebody would follow this forums advice and come back with the feedback!!

Advertisement