Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's eating my daffodils?

Options
  • 06-03-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone knows (google wasnt that successful) - all the flowers on my daffodils have been eaten - just on one side, but down the middle of the flower (hard to describe it, it looks like something just took a single bite down one side of the flower). Any ideas what could cause that? I sprayed some bug killer, but it hasnt helped. ;-(

Cheers,

galah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

galah wrote: »
    Hi all,

just wondering if anyone knows (google wasnt that successful) - all the flowers on my daffodils have been eaten - just on one side, but down the middle of the flower (hard to describe it, it looks like something just took a single bite down one side of the flower). Any ideas what could cause that? I sprayed some bug killer, but it hasnt helped. ;-(

Cheers,

galah

Have seen a type of Caterpillar eating the flowers and leaves. No Idea what it was... and was surprised to see this, as the leaves and bulbs contain a poison lycorine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

yeah, that's what I thought, too. Really bizarre if you ask me...
    I'll try and take a picture, but my lovely daffodils have been decimated...;-(

Advertisement