Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens to my Science Experiment Book?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

It gets given to an examiner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭yellowsky169

Our teacher said the teachers have to sign a form to say that everyone in the class has all the experiments done. Then some schools are randomly inspected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

You may just get your 10% for nothing. Only a certain number of schools are visited by an examiner.

I wouldn't leave it to chance though, so make sure you do all the experiments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I did the JC last year and ours were just taken on the day and left in a box and were stamped. I think some are inspected so make sure you have the 30 mandatory ones done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 IamStupid..Not

The booklet is sent off to the exmainer with your paper, I think. You have to tick off the experiments that you've done in there and inspectors do random spot checks on schools to see that the students actually have the experiments written up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭niaroh1x96

In other words how do I get my 10%? :o

Your 10% comes from doing all the experiments in the book...you DONT even have to answer the questions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emmanally12

name the list of apparatus and chemicals for the atmosphere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

name the list of apparatus and chemicals for the atmosphere

lolwat

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

I dont think the experiment book gets sent off because once you tick all the boxes in Coursework B the examiners takes it for granted that you have done them, though some examiners come in at random and check some schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

WE DIDN'T EVEN DO THE BOOKLETS. I hope my teacher is right that we won't get picked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭r27

The books don't get put with your paper , they get put in an envelope are sent with the papers but only a few schools ate checked every year so the chance of your school being picked is slim but there's still a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

Does that mean we will never see our lab copies after June?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

My science teacher told me they really only tend to look for experiment books, if someone wanted to appeal there Junior Certificate etc. A guy in my class was saying in his friends school, they don't do the experiment books and have been doing the same for 20 years, so I'm sure theres nothing to worry about lol, just hope your school don't randomly get inspected by the SEC.

Advertisement