Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are you giving up for lent??

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Butt sex with men :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

And fisting old women :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nuffin! Im too cool to give up anything...

maybe thats what i gave up....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭odnauq

"Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the Season of Lent. It is a season of penance, reflection, and fasting which prepares us for Christ's Resurrection on Easter Sunday, through which we attain redemption"

If I hire a group of monks to pray for me will this help?:rolleyes:

I made it thru a harsh Irish winter and as i reflect, believe me that was mucho penance. Redeem me! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

innovated wrote: »
    Giving up chocolate for lent, first time ive given anything up, but at 17st i need to lose a couple of stone

Why not, instead of giving up chocolate completely for 40 days, and possibly binging at easter, Just cut down on it permenantly. Eat 1/2 of 1/3 of what you used to eat, and go for a 45min walk everyday? You still get chocolate, and you'll be healthier.

I dont see the point in giving up something for 40 days to go back on it again :confused:

• Advertisement

Mackman wrote: »
    Why not, instead of giving up chocolate completely for 40 days, and possibly binging at easter, Just cut down on it permenantly. Eat 1/2 of 1/3 of what you used to eat, and go for a 45min walk everyday? You still get chocolate, and you'll be healthier.

I dont see the point in giving up something for 40 days to go back on it again :confused:

I would think the point is that they give it up for lent and keep off it after that
    It's a fixed time period so you can see the end but after that you might keep going

Could be wrong though
    Would also definitely advocate more exercise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Absolutely f**k all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

bluewolf wrote: »
    I would think the point is that they give it up for lent and keep off it after that
    It's a fixed time period so you can see the end but after that you might keep going

Could be wrong though
    Would also definitely advocate more exercise

Maybe, but its a hell of a lot easier to cut down on something than go cold turkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Dick Burns

touching myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

I am giving up everything....even giving to the annual priest's collection. I lost my job so I think I can safely say, nothing more to give!:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement