Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horseman?

• 06-03-2011 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

Right, saw the news about Travellers shooting, slashing and fighting in Smithfield.

This is the link with video.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0306/smithfield.html

Now, apart from the obvious shots being fired in the footage and panic setting in, from around 0.32, there is a guy in a bright blue coat with what appears to be a horses face instead of a regular human face. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

pieball horse boss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭NeedaNewName

Its a hat and inbreeding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭amacca

Right, saw the news about Travellers shooting, slashing and fighting in Smithfield.

This is the link with video.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0306/smithfield.html

Now, apart from the obvious shots being fired in the footage and panic setting in, from around 0.32, there is a guy in a bright blue coat with what appears to be a horses face instead of a regular human face. Any ideas?

The horse dude turned up a day late for the human fair that was on the previous day.

you can see him leading his human by the bridle if you look closely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

That should hopefully put an end to that.

Medieval nonsense.

Medieval nonsense.

what buying and selling horses or trying to kill people

they are both current things to do arent they, even fashionable in some circles.

or is it just the location you object to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

its the four horseman of the piebocalypse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Now i'm no racist put since we have a few africans living in Ireland, surely we should get some trading scheme in place! Also the wild will be a more natural setting for the travel community!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

It's just part of their<snip> culture and should be respected or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Stab some sense into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I would like to point out that an awful lot of the people that go there are not travellers but :horse owners: from the likes of Finglas,Ballyfermot,Tallaght,Clondalkin and other areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

realies wrote: »
    I would like to point out that an awful lot of the people that go there are not travellers but :horse owners: from the likes of Finglas,Ballyfermot,Tallaght,Clondalkin and other areas.

I think you mean "that an awful lot of the people that go there are travellers from the likes of Finglas,Ballyfermot,Tallaght,Clondalkin and other areas"

this is a humorous post? right?

amacca wrote: »
    this is a humorous post? right?

How is it humorous just stating a fact.

How is it humorous just stating a fact.

oh...one of those.

no no you are completely right.....I wasn't thinking anything pejorative at all...move along...nothing to see here folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Shooting people in broad daylight, in an area packed with people. Not the sharpest are they.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

<snip> + gasmask = Horseman

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Shooting people in broad daylight, in an area packed with people. Not the sharpest are they.

Oh I don't know

harder to go for an insanity or spur of the moment lost control of meself m'lud plea if you plan it all and attempt to do it in a clandestine fashion

be upfront and right out in the open with your horrific violent crime and the justice system will no doubt treat you leniently given your cash cow status because of your likelihood to reoffend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

For every action, there is a reaction. And a <snip> reaction … is quite a fcuking thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Why did the news blur their faces? Caught red handed like. Scum.

SeaFields wrote: »
    Why did the news blur their faces? Caught red handed like. Scum.

To be used in legal action later,and also to prevent further escalation from other people who may recognize them, i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Don't ban the horse fair, just napalm it. Dublins' crime statistic halved in on day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

amacca wrote: »
    what buying and selling horses or trying to kill people
    or is it just the location you object to?

Little from column A......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

pragmatic1 wrote: »

They don't have to be with our justice system :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Cybertron85

Wouldn't mind if they traveled straight into the Atlantic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

What goes clip clop clip clop...bank, bang,.....clip clop clip clop....?
    Smithfield drive-by....:D

Too soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Home made shotgun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭kirving

Another reason to arm the Gardai, scumbags shooting in a crowd like that wouldnt last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Houseless Horseman of the.........Smithfield?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Surprise surprise.:eek:

Bunch of practically lawless individuals with no respect for anyone or animals gather in a group in a city centre.

There's trouble!!!! I'm focking gobsmacked:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Surprise surprise.:eek:

Bunch of practically lawless individuals with no respect for anyone or animals gather in a group in a city centre.

There's trouble!!!! I'm focking gobsmacked:cool:

It's cultural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Had to laugh at the Lord Mayor of Dublin on Radio 1 this morning saying that they put notices in the newspapers asking people not to turn up. Sure travellers are well known for their readership of the broadsheets and their literacy levels.

Good plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭conorhal

k_mac wrote: »
    It's cultural.

Meh, so is a well organized stag hunt, that we can ban but the really substantial abuse of animals that takes place at that market by the kind of people that have made Ireland a by-word for animal cruelty around the world, (New York Times had an article about abandoned horses starving to death in fields around Ireland) that we ignore, those numpty Greens really had their priorities backwards.

The council talk about trying to ban the event but claim that they were unable to, me bollix, if you tried to stage an event like that some council official would crawl up your bum looking for paper work, permits and a health and safety assessment. The reality is that they just don’t want the hassle of crossing the knackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I have seen these creatures before. I believe they're called gobshítes:D

conorhal wrote: »
    Meh, so is a well organized stag hunt, that we can ban but the really substantial abuse of animals that takes place at that market by the kind of people that have made Ireland a by-word for animal cruelty around the world, (New York Times had an article about abandoned horses starving to death in fields around Ireland) that we ignore, those numpty Greens really had their priorities backwards.

The council talk about trying to ban the event but claim that they were unable to, me bollix, if you tried to stage an event like that some council official would crawl up your bum looking for paper work, permits and a health and safety assessment. The reality is that they just don’t want the hassle of crossing the knackers.

That's probably true but i don't think you're allowed say it out loud. It offends the equality authority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Video doesn't work for me and a man with a horses face is something i NEED to see :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dirtbox:eek:

/buys mask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Love this country wasted 3 hours of my life learning how to lift a box the same way I had lifted it doing the same mind numbing course 3 years previously so as we can get a Health and Safety Certificate and then the HSE allows feuding travellers to congregate together with guns and slashhooks in a crowded area full of people and horses.
    It's important to protect Traveller's rites

to beat the Shíte out of each other in public places with scant disregard for anyone else in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Posts snipped/deleted.
    Zero tolerance will be shown to posts containing racism or discrimination. This includes the travelling community. Please do not use this forum to incite hatred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Medieval nonsense.

You too 'progressive' for that kind of thing??? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

No shame in it Jimmy, there's no shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

People, people, this is part of traveller culture and we should respect that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

gardai really should have done more to reign this in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They have no respect for civilised society

Wossack wrote: »

Like what?

Like what?

I dunno, but they've been made to look right horses arses

I dunno, but they've been made to look right horses arses

At least you're oppinions are informed and well thought out. There was 5 times the ratio of Gardaí at the event then at any other event. Both the Gardaí and council tried to cancel the event. It's not like they can ban travellers congregating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Indeed, tis unbridled anarchy.

At least you're oppinions are informed and well thought out. There was 5 times the ratio of Gardaí at the event then at any other event. Both the Gardaí and council tried to cancel the event. It's not like they can ban travellers congregating.

I wonder who's gonna get saddled with the cost of all that..!

I just think they should have tried to keep the situation more stable. It sounds like it was a right night-mare.

Bambi wrote: »
    Indeed, tis unbridled anarchy.

Unfortunately there'll always be those few that'll ruin it for the rest and stirrup trouble

• Advertisement
Advertisement