Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our mayor ahh bless her cotton socks

• 06-03-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭

Just reading a few articales there on how hard our very own limerick city mayor fought so hard to get the big bang willy casey fight televised,we should all bow our heads in respect for what the mayor has done for this great sporting city.I just have one question,im wondering will the mayor invite the rest of the casey clan to her pub(bobby burnes)to watch the fight on the big screen?

your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

i doubt it said croker, anyway i will hazzard a guess that most of them will want to see it live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

flutered wrote: »
    i doubt it said croker, anyway i will hazzard a guess that most of them will want to see it live.[/QUOTE]

Thats not the point im making and anyway im sure positive there will be plenty of caseys left in limerick wanting to watch it on the big screen,going by the mayors logic bobby burnes will be a free house for them,IF, she is a woman of her word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

cruiser178 wrote: »
    flutered wrote: »
    i doubt it said croker, anyway i will hazzard a guess that most of them will want to see it live.[/QUOTE]

Thats not the point im making and anyway im sure positive there will be plenty of caseys left in limerick wanting to watch it on the big screen,going by the mayors logic bobby burnes will be a free house for them,IF, she is a woman of her word.
    some bloody hope of that cruiser she's hopping on the bandwagon like most people in this town.it makes me sick to the pit of my stomach when i remember the things that lot got upto.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

What is this, I don't even....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭adaminho

Willie Casey is a limerick man fighting for a world title. Why would you not want to watch this on televison? It seem's like you have a problem with either him or Maria Byrne? Yes we know a lot of the Caseys have a bad rep, Willie is doing a lot to change that. The man is making a name for himself and Limerick City, Surely in times like this it's good to see a good storyvcome out of the city?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

He was the star of the Saturday Night show on RTE yesterday :D

adaminho wrote: »
    Willie Casey is a limerick man fighting for a world title. Why would you not want to watch this on televison? It seem's like you have a problem with either him or Maria Byrne? Yes we know a lot of the Caseys have a bad rep, Willie is doing a lot to change that. The man is making a name for himself and Limerick City, Surely in times like this it's good to see a good storyvcome out of the city?

A good story?you and many people like you have very short memories(maybe selective memory).Keep pushing your head deeper and deeper into the sand why dont you ffs.

Yes i have a problem with willy casey and family,i cant tell you personal experiences(for obvious reasons)There is one thing we all know for fact and that is limerick city is a ticking time bomb and the caseys are a major part to play in that,you can not deny that.Here is a few links for you

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/limerick-man-given-suspended-sentence-for-stealing-scaffolding/c41ac52f-023d-4e6a-bdd9-3b97dc407138

http://honestlk.wordpress.com/2009/04/23/limerick-scumbags-whos-related-to-who/

http://bocktherobber.com/2006/10/limerick-travellers-protest

there is many more i can link all night.

On the subject of maria burne,if you think she speaks her own mind you are very much mistaken,she is owned and does what ever limerick city council tells her to do.Have you ever heard our first citizen speak up for the ordinary joe soap who's houses are bombarded by anti social behaviour,has she spoke up for the good citizens that have been ran out of their homes by scumbags,no you didn't.

Before you come over all high and mighty about willy big bang you would do well to learn a bit about whats going on in your own city and who's involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

A good story?you and many people like you have very short memories(maybe selective memory).Keep pushing your head deeper and deeper into the sand why dont you ffs.

Yes i have a problem with willy casey and family,i cant tell you personal experiences(for obvious reasons)There is one thing we all know for fact and that is limerick city is a ticking time bomb and the caseys are a major part to play in that,you can not deny that.Here is a few links for you

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/limerick-man-given-suspended-sentence-for-stealing-scaffolding/c41ac52f-023d-4e6a-bdd9-3b97dc407138

http://honestlk.wordpress.com/2009/04/23/limerick-scumbags-whos-related-to-who/

http://bocktherobber.com/2006/10/limerick-travellers-protest

there is many more i can link all night.

On the subject of maria burne,if you think she speaks her own mind you are very much mistaken,she is owned and does what ever limerick city council tells her to do.Have you ever heard our first citizen speak up for the ordinary joe soap who's houses are bombarded by anti social behaviour,has she spoke up for the good citizens that have been ran out of their homes by scumbags,no you didn't.

Before you come over all high and mighty about willy big bang you would do well to learn a bit about whats going on in your own city and who's involved.

So you have a problem with Willie Casey because he is related to some criminals. Willie Casey was not involved in any of those incidents in your links. How can you blame Willie Casey for that? I have a cousin who is a scumbag, are you gonna have a go at me for that? Unlike your bigoted prejudiced self, I judge people by their actions and if you had bothered to actually do some research you would know that Willie Casey has done an enormous amount of charity work since his new found fame. He fought in a charity fight with beerforbattens which raised a lot of money for battens disease. Of which he promoted again on his latest appearance on the Saturday Night Show by wearing the t-shirt. You'll also know he has gone around to schools encouraging kids to stay in school and to stay away from drugs and gangs. Here's an interview he did whilst doing his charity work, he speaks very candidly:

So I ask you, what have you done for your community? That's not a rhetorical question, what have you actually done? Because it seems all you like doing is bitching about a politician who wants to get a Limerick Sporting Hero who is an inspiration and great role model for kids (especially in disadvantages area) what he rightly deserves and that is for his World Title shot to be shown on national television. I don't know if you are any way clued in about the sport but I am and it's a very uncommon thing to have an Irish person fighting for a World Title and the fact politicans have to appeal for it to be shown is a disgrace in itself. You'd want to take a long hard look are yourself in the mirror. You have to gall to accuse others of getting high and mighty, I bet you Willie Casey has done more for his community and for charity that you ever have. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭adaminho

If you read my post properly you'll see that I said not all Caseys are saints. I just think that it's wrong for you to tar the one good story with broad generalisations. As for Maria Byrne? I've no opinion one way or the other but as mayor for Limerick I think it's pretty much part of the job description to stand up and promote your city in the national press!

magma69 wrote: »
    So you have a problem with Willie Casey because he is related to some criminals. Willie Casey was not involved in any of those incidents in your links. How can you blame Willie Casey for that? I have a cousin who is a scumbag, are you gonna have a go at me for that? Unlike your bigoted prejudiced self, I judge people by their actions and if you had bothered to actually do some research you would know that Willie Casey has done an enormous amount of charity work since his new found fame. He fought in a charity fight with beerforbattens which raised a lot of money for battens disease. Of which he promoted again on his latest appearance on the Saturday Night Show by wearing the t-shirt. You'll also know he has gone around to schools encouraging kids to stay in school and to stay away from drugs and gangs. Here's an interview he did whilst doing his charity work, he speaks very candidly:

So I ask you, what have you done for your community? That's not a rhetorical question, what have you actually done? Because it seems all you like doing is bitching about a politician who wants to get a Limerick Sporting Hero who is an inspiration and great role model for kids (especially in disadvantages area) what he rightly deserves and that is for his World Title shot to be shown on national television. I don't know if you are any way clued in about the sport but I am and it's a very uncommon thing to have an Irish person fighting for a World Title and the fact politicans have to appeal for it to be shown is a disgrace in itself. You'd want to take a long hard look are yourself in the mirror. You have to gall to accuse others of getting high and mighty, I bet you Willie Casey has done more for his community and for charity that you ever have. :mad::mad::mad:

GET A BIT MORE CLUED IN A WE MIGHT HAVE A DEBATE,TIL THEN PUT YOUR HEAD BACK IN THE SAND

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 The Galvone was great craic!

Ok, so while Willie Casey himself is not involved (and never was) in criminality, and he does seem a very likeable man, unfortuneately for him his family however are deeply entwined in it, from all that is petty to all that is bad. Very bad. It's great that he has avoided their lifestyle (which must have been a tough call, no doubt they 'expected' him to grow up and join them) but has made something of himself instead.
    Everybody in the Southill area and surrounds knows what the Casey's have done. KNOWS. Most stuff they have gotten away with (as with apaches, they are skillful in evading capture). I won't get into these things here.
    Willie has told schoolkids 'don't get in to gangs', and he must surely mean it, as when Casey's joined forces with the Dundons, and his sister Anne married The Notorious B.I.G Wayne D (Dundon), not all Casey's took Wayne into their hearts, as proven here in the following link...they love him, or they hate him. A bit like Marmite, really...
    I feel sorry for poor Willie, really, having to endure the odd Christmas and Christening, making polite smalltalk with Wayney over the turkey and sprouts, for the sake of keeping the peace for Anne.
    They follow wherever he goes (nothing he can do about it, really - you can't stop them attending his fights, roaring and screaming their heads off, spitting on the floor to clear their throats before anothe roar, but what can you do? Family. You can't choose them...

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/gangland_boss_wayne_dundon_back_in_limerick_but_leaves_quickly_over_arrest_fears_1_2192553
    (How many people actually knew Wayne D was married to Willie Casey's sister???) - before ye all go ranting on about giving the 'wrong people' a hard time for nothing.

http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/sw-irish-crime.php?aid=4750
    (tells of Caseys beating poor Wayne-o, therefore love/hate Marmite)

Finally - Miss Mayor Maria - I agree with Cruiser - I believe she should take the time to get to know the rest of the Casey family, since she has such affection for Willie, it would be unfair not to extend her warmest Cead Mile Failte on the day of the fight and I suggest to her that if he wins, that the following day she ought to put her money where her mouth is and lay on a spread and drinks for ALL Caseys (and sure Wayne too, he's family-in-law) to Bobby Byrne's pub, for a knock-out three coursers rounds and a little orange at half time (laced with Aftershock), clear the streets so they can park their horse outside, Dynas outside, Passssssssaaaaaattttttttssss outside, Cinderella "ella ella" carraige, and a few wild greyhounds tied to the lampost....whattaya think Maria and Bob's??? :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Willie Casey can't choose his family. He's achieved a lot and hopefully (thought I have my doubts) will go on to a World Title.

I'd love to see his criminal relatives in prison, but I don't blame Willie that they aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

The Caseys have a lot of horrible scumbags in the clan but I knew Willie when he was a welder before he went pro. Always a lovely lad and it is highly discriminatory that you would label him with the criminals he is related to.

Seems like you have an issue with the mayor and the criminals who are Caseys, don't go involving people you know nothing about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 The Galvone was great craic!

Denners wrote: »
    The Caseys have a lot of horrible scumbags in the clan but I knew Willie when he was a welder before he went pro. Always a lovely lad and it is highly discriminatory that you would label him with the criminals he is related to.

Seems like you have an issue with the mayor and the criminals who are Caseys, don't go involving people you know nothing about.

Nobody here has 'labelled' HIM as anything. We've said so far the very same thing as you have - 'a lot of horrible scumbags in the family', and 'the criminals he is related to' - not him but them.
    It's unfortunate and true that you will be judged by the family you come from or the company you keep - even if you cut ties with them, people will always remember who you are related to/associated with - that's human nature and there is not a person on the planet who doesn't hold judgement on others, even if that judgement be silent and kept to themselves.

The issue here with the Mayor is that unlike our previous (and best) Mayor John Gilligan, who openly spoke out against gangland crime in Limerick and made victims feel like they had some power over their own broken lives, instead of acting like it doesn't exist,
    she is unwittingly stirring up a lot of resentment in the victims of crime by (again unwittingly) reminding them of their bad experiences with the Caseys, instead of leaving all the publicity work to sports writers and promoters.
    It is something she just should know better about.
    It's obvious that she and her family have never suffered at the hands of crime themselves and so many others like her who speak before they think - blissfully oblivious to the reality and the after effects of being victimised.
    A Mayor has (or should have) a social responsibility to be sensitive to the feelings of all in their town.
    Again, it's unfortunate that people make associations but they DO and always will.

How do you know who does or doesn't know the Mayor or the Caseys?
    I personally know Mayor Byrnes very well and unfortuneately the Casey's too, not personally thank God, but lived near them for a very, very long time, as did most of my friends, and I could name a dozen major incidents off the top of my head without even thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just reading a few articales there on how hard our very own limerick city mayor fought so hard to get the big bang willy casey fight televised,we should all bow our heads in respect for what the mayor has done for this great sporting city.I just have one question,im wondering will the mayor invite the rest of the casey clan to her pub(bobby burnes)to watch the fight on the big screen?

your thoughts?

I don't think Bobby Burne's pub has a big screen so i guess not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

I don't think Bobby Burne's pub has a big screen so i guess not.

Didn't they have one before a recent visit from a group of 8 or 9 brothers?:)

Advertisement