Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History and Heritage issue

• 06-03-2011 9:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

BriantheBard is being a little heavy handed, in my opinion. I made a remark about Pearse and the tendancy of some people to either glorify him or excessively criticise him.

I made an off the cuff remark which led to a bit of back and forth between myself and BTB. He alledged that I was aiming a dig at someone. I responded by basically saying to move on from this contrived drama, but BTB seems to have his power boots on today, ending with this: 'You should remember that you are on probation in H&H, and you should know by now not to talk back to a mod. There's your warning, don't post on this issue again. Mod.'

Frankly this is part of a general problem in H & H, BTB is the only active mod and he see's it a little like his manor. He gets away with this kind of excessive crap too often. I'm not expecting anything to change but I know I'm not the only one who finds him problematic, I have plenty of PMs and other communications (Some coming from existing mods on other forums) complaining about his tendancy to shut down threads (Mostly because they are 'homework' threads, yet he takes far too broad an interpretation of this and stifles any potential discussion. Frankly I don't see the problem with homework threads anyway. The place is dead and over-run with people of a certain worldview. We could do with a bit more variety)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hi Denerick,

OK, will take a look.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Reading the thread, there is certainly scope there for the mod's interpretation - particularly this post:
    Denerick wrote:
    To be fair I wasn't talking about you. You clearly haven't canonised the man, like some here have.

BB's question:
    Does that really seem like constructive posting on your part?

seems reasonably apt. You pretty clearly are making a reference to other posters.

Thus, your response:
    Denerick wrote:
    That wasn't the point you were making and you know it, you were making sly digs at other users.
    Stop bickering and allow the thread to move on from this contrived drama.

seems a good deal more contrived than his points. I'd say you were making a dig at other (unnamed) users, were called on it, chose to argue the toss, and got told not to.

Not really anything I can do for you here.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Advertisement