Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet area

Options
  • 06-03-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

what to do with a wet area in my garden,

there is about 7sq meters of swap between my house and dog run,

Was thinking of concrete but its not that pretty.

It will also be a area for a garden table and chains.

The dogs will be running on it in winter also.

Any advice or ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

Brianmeath wrote: »
    what to do with a wet area in my garden,

there is about 7sq meters of swap between my house and dog run,

Was thinking of concrete but its not that pretty.

It will also be a area for a garden table and chains.

The dogs will be running on it in winter also.

Any advice or ideas?

Thanks.

Depending on your budget of course... :-)

A pond, plant around with wet land plants... Build a wooden patio around part of the pond ...

Depending of course that you DON'T have the worry of young kids and have the Dosh...
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pslat

I wouldn't usually suggest it but in you case you might consider decking? It would probably look a bit better than concrete anyway but not as nice as jezko's pond.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

Pond is a big no, baby on the way.

I don't like decking to be honest,

Is there any such thing as out door grout? for between slabs.

Thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

Brianmeath wrote: »
    Pond is a big no, baby on the way.

I don't like decking to be honest,

Is there any such thing as out door grout? for between slabs.

Thanks for the input.

You use mortar mix between slabs. Dry mix or wet application but wet application can get a bit messy if you're not used to doing it also depends on slabs.

Dry mix mortar sand (as opposed to coarse plastering sand) and portland cement at four measures sand to one cement.

Make sure slabs are bone dry and brush this mix over the slabs pushing well down into gaps. If the slabs are wet the mix will stain them and is not easy to get off.

You can use somethnig like a piece of plastic pipe/hydrodare etc to force the mix into the gap and get a smooth finish on the fill.

Carefully brush all remaining mix off the slabs then with a very fine spray/mist the slabs and wet the mortar. Don't go mad as you will wash out the mix.

Leave it for a day to go off - job done.

Advertisement