Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taxback.com

• 06-03-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi there

I have an interview for Taxback.com in Dublin coming up.

Anyone out there working for them?

What is the company like to work for?

Any interview tips?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Did you do the online interview they have ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 James Wan

Hi

I worked with them in the past in Kilkenny, all I can say an awful place, predominately female and a lot of bitchiness in the atmosphere. In our particular room there was seven of us and five left within 12 - 18 months.
    If you are going for a sales role be prepared for demanding targets and watch your colleagues disappear over night.

On the brightside that was a long time ago and Dublin maybe be better. If you are unemployed and they offer you a role, take it but keep looking & don't tell any recruitment agencies that you are off the market thus keeping your options open.

Please feel free to pm me for more detail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

Anybody else have an interview with them or any experience working with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Taxback.com: Sinead

Hi James,

Your comments came as a surprise to us as we don't recollect any kind of a mass exodus from Kilkenny, or indeed an unpleasant atmosphere.

We don't have record of a 'James Wan' ever working with us so perhaps it's a pseudonym for boards.ie.

We have a large sales team in Kilkenny, which is pretty evenly split between males and females and I don't know of any sales role in the world which doesn't have demanding targets. We work really hard to provide a service that we're proud of and thankfully it doesn't seem to have gone unnoticed as we won a Deloitte Best Managed Companies award last week.

All the best,

Sinead

James Wan wrote: »
    Hi

I worked with them in the past in Kilkenny, all I can say an awful place, predominately female and a lot of bitchiness in the atmosphere. In our particular room there was seven of us and five left within 12 - 18 months.
    If you are going for a sales role be prepared for demanding targets and watch your colleagues disappear over night.

On the brightside that was a long time ago and Dublin maybe be better. If you are unemployed and they offer you a role, take it but keep looking & don't tell any recruitment agencies that you are off the market thus keeping your options open.

Please feel free to pm me for more detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Hi James,

Your comments came as a surprise to us as we don't recollect any kind of a mass exodus from Kilkenny, or indeed an unpleasant atmosphere.

We don't have record of a 'James Wan' ever working with us so perhaps it's a pseudonym for boards.ie.

We have a large sales team in Kilkenny, which is pretty evenly split between males and females and I don't know of any sales role in the world which doesn't have demanding targets. We work really hard to provide a service that we're proud of and thankfully it doesn't seem to have gone unnoticed as we won a Deloitte Best Managed Companies award last week.

All the best,

Sinead

That's no big deal, They give those awards out to everyone :rolleyes:, One of the companies i used to deal with got one last year and they are useless at everything from management to guys in their warehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 marnieb

True those awards mean nothing, I know a local company has just won a national award including customer service high achievement. I was in the same place 2 weeks ago and 2 of their staff including a manager saw me at the till looked through me and went off, not bothering to serve me, I was there so long I just left the stuff I was going to buy on the counter and left, so had to laugh that they got an award for customer service!! usually just means the owners are good schmoozers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

marnieb wrote: »
    True those awards mean nothing, I know a local company has just won a national award including customer service high achievement. I was in the same place 2 weeks ago and 2 of their staff including a manager saw me at the till looked through me and went off, not bothering to serve me, I was there so long I just left the stuff I was going to buy on the counter and left, so had to laugh that they got an award for customer service!! usually just means the owners are good schmoozers

exactly, every company in Ireland has "won one of those awards" lol, makes me laugh when people play these type of awards up as if to say that they have some sort of meaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 James Wan

Hi Leblanc / Dymo,
    I noticed that your original post was about a week ago. I am surprised that not one of the six hundred employees, who are working in Taxback.com (except Sinead who only rebutted my experience), has commented about the fact that they enjoy/like working there. I would imagine if someone asked me about my current employer I would be only too happy to post something positive about them. I do know that approximately five hundred odd employees work outside Ireland so they probably do not use boards.ie but maybe the hundred Irish employees also do not use boards.ie, otherwise they would be also singing their employer’s praise. As an example you should look at the posting regarding Apple where people have been talking about shift work there.
    Anyway best of luck with your interviews and I hope everything goes well for ye both.

James

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I did a written test and an interview with them and they seemed a nice bunch and the girl I talked to from HR was lovely too. They didn't seem to know what they were looking for though as they are still advertising the job and I interviewed in January so that can be construed as a bad sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭c1979

They look like a great company. But can anymore people comment on if they are good to work for?

• Advertisement
Advertisement