Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alternatives to phone line??

• 06-03-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

so here is my situation

new house nearly built, and will need broadband. now i'm not that keen on getting a phone line unless i have to...what are my alternatives??

i understand those usb dongles to be useless, what about these broadband in a box things, or satelite broadband??

my biggest reason for not wanting a phone line is being stung for line rental for just using t'internet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

1922 wrote: »
    so here is my situation

new house nearly built, and will need broadband. now i'm not that keen on getting a phone line unless i have to...what are my alternatives??

i understand those usb dongles to be useless, what about these broadband in a box things, or satelite broadband??

my biggest reason for not wanting a phone line is being stung for line rental for just using t'internet

Have you looked into UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

roast wrote: »
    Have you looked into UPC?

no.....but i will now

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

1922 wrote: »
    no.....but i will now

:)

Do! Definitely the best phoneline alternative. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

roast wrote: »
    Do! Definitely the best phoneline alternative. Let us know how you get on.

looks good alrigt, will ring them tomorrow and see if they cover my area

thanks for that!!!!

Advertisement