Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Route from belfast to galway

Options
  • 06-03-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi guys just wondering if any of ye know if there is a bus service running from belfast to galway? I'll be in belfast for work next week and am planning on heading to galway for paddys day...going to try and head down the wednesday evening. If any of ye know anything that would be great, cant seem to find anything on the bus eireann website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Try this.. must be the slowest run in the country...

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1276860453-65.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Angelandie

There doesn't seem to be a direct route to Galway from Belfast. The best option appears to be to get to bus from Belfast to Dublin airport and then get an express bus (like Citylink) from the airport to Galway. This will take approx 5 hours driving time plus waiting at the airport...

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

another option,
    Feda O'Donnell do a bus from Galway to Donegal, not sure if it runs to Lifford or not if it did you could walk across the bridge to Strabane bus station and get a bus to Belfast, think they run every hour or so. This would have you there in about 5 hours I would guess.
    Theblueirish

• Registered Users Posts: 39 traceyde

Need to get from Galway to Belfast by bus and return...is Bus Eir the only one doing this route? Or which is the best service...any advice appreciated. Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

WORST bus route EVER :(

The Bus Eireann website gives a route that goes down through Monaghan as far as I remember. But to get the Monaghan connection you would have to go to Enniskillen. Once in Enniskillen you may as well head to Sligo and then onto Galway as the roads are better and likely more regular service.
    (Belfast-Enniskillen 2hrs20min. Enniskillen-Sligo 1hr approx. Sligo-Galway 2hrs approx)

Going through Dublin is the other option - similar timings both ways. If you wanted comfort you could get the train, either Belfast to Dublin, or Dublin to Galway, but as far as I know you'd have to cross from Connolly Station to Hueston to do both trains? *sigh*

• Advertisement
Advertisement