Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Marketing Prices? How much should I pay?

Options
  • 06-03-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Looking for a bit of advice, I'm looking to get a some digital marketing done for a business I'm involved in but i'm finding the market and the prices that these guys charge a bit all over the place!

I'm wondering does anyone have a Recommended price that I should be willing to pay for the various digital marketing functions??

e.g the creation of a digital marketing plan for the business?
    SEO
    Social media management
    adwords campaigns etc. etc, etc

is there any good sites out there or can anyone suggest reasonable prices so that I dont get burnt, I quality vs cost into play a but there should be industry standard prices out there??

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

Caoimh37 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Looking for a bit of advice, I'm looking to get a some digital marketing done for a business I'm involved in but i'm finding the market and the prices that these guys charge a bit all over the place!

I'm wondering does anyone have a Recommended price that I should be willing to pay for the various digital marketing functions??

e.g the creation of a digital marketing plan for the business?
    SEO
    Social media management
    adwords campaigns etc. etc, etc

is there any good sites out there or can anyone suggest reasonable prices so that I dont get burnt, I quality vs cost into play a but there should be industry standard prices out there??

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

My own thoughts are that SEO is a strategy, not a checklist - so whats on your checklist may not (probably) isn't on someone elses. I think industry standard prices would be very difficult to come by - there isn't really an industry standard for web design. A client of ours recently tendered for a brochure-style site with CMS and got quotes from €2,800 - €21,000 - from Dubiln to Galway!

It will most likely depend on your industry and the countries you want to target - this I would give as a way of factoring the cost. Ultimately you're buying time - how much time depends on the vendor and the project.

What I think increases an SEO project in terms of time and resources:

1. Countries / Geo-Targets - Many people (to this very day) believe that websites (especially a .com) is global. This is really not true any more.

2. Languages - fine if you're targeting English - but target Europe and North/ South America and you'll need French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Portuoguese to get started!

3. Sites in the index. If you do a simple acid test - do a search in google.ie for your top key phrases - the number of pages returned (e.g. 10 of 3,999,000) will tell you how competitive the index is - the bigger the number the tougher the job. <1mln = not too tough, >9mln = quite tough and getting tougher

4. The amount of paid advertising - this will tell you the commercial advantage to these keywords - and is a good way to [start to] evaluate the competition and demand

My own opinion (and I mean this without bias) is that if someone offers a blanket quote for any fixed amount without taking the site into consideration, then they are quoting for On-site SEO + a fixed or bundled link building campaign. Generally, this quickly becomes outsourced (or downsourced) - you can decide for yourself if this is a good way to build authority but its something I would never build into my own strategies.

I hope that helps and I would very much welcome your feedback on my comments!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Caoimh37

link8r wrote: »
    My own thoughts are that SEO is a strategy, not a checklist - so whats on your checklist may not (probably) isn't on someone elses. I think industry standard prices would be very difficult to come by - there isn't really an industry standard for web design. A client of ours recently tendered for a brochure-style site with CMS and got quotes from €2,800 - €21,000 - from Dubiln to Galway!

It will most likely depend on your industry and the countries you want to target - this I would give as a way of factoring the cost. Ultimately you're buying time - how much time depends on the vendor and the project.

What I think increases an SEO project in terms of time and resources:

1. Countries / Geo-Targets - Many people (to this very day) believe that websites (especially a .com) is global. This is really not true any more.

2. Languages - fine if you're targeting English - but target Europe and North/ South America and you'll need French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Portuoguese to get started!

3. Sites in the index. If you do a simple acid test - do a search in google.ie for your top key phrases - the number of pages returned (e.g. 10 of 3,999,000) will tell you how competitive the index is - the bigger the number the tougher the job. <1mln = not too tough, >9mln = quite tough and getting tougher

4. The amount of paid advertising - this will tell you the commercial advantage to these keywords - and is a good way to [start to] evaluate the competition and demand

My own opinion (and I mean this without bias) is that if someone offers a blanket quote for any fixed amount without taking the site into consideration, then they are quoting for On-site SEO + a fixed or bundled link building campaign. Generally, this quickly becomes outsourced (or downsourced) - you can decide for yourself if this is a good way to build authority but its something I would never build into my own strategies.

I hope that helps and I would very much welcome your feedback on my comments!

thanks for the info...much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Digital marketing should be part of your overall marketing strategy and not something that you "bolt on" or do separately.

Best advice would be to get somebody on your team trained up on what you want to do on the digital side as part of your overall strategy.

SEO is something that needs to reviewed on an ongoing basis. Not something you get done and then leave unattended. Same with social media - it's a doddle to get nicely branded Facebook and Twitter feeds but what do you do then. They have to be maintained on a daily basis and not something that you would outsource.

Advertisement