Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford Adventure Race

• 06-03-2011 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,
    I'm thinking of pushing my limits this year and taking part in some Adventure Races around the country! just seen one advertised for Waterford on May 21st and gonna give it a try :) Anybody out there thinking of heading that direction?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Ceepo

HI,

Any more details, where City or County, distance, events, entry etc

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mrs Fit

yea its a run,cycle and kayak event, starting in Mount Mellery which is in Co. Waterford, i had a look in their website it sounds quite good, they give directions to it. waterfordadventurerace.com if u wanna hav a look. its on in may so hopefully the weather will be nice then. im not a kayaking fan but it will be a new challenge for me hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Thanks for onfo, Mrs Fit.
    I was thinking it might be this race but was not sure if there was another one somewhere else,
    I heard good reports about this last year,
    Dont now if ill be doing it as i'v never been in a kayak, but i'd say its a tough event as i know the area fairly well.
    Wont rule it out however.

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Mrs fit. It's unusual for a new poster to arrive just to plug a race. Could you clarify your involvement (if any) with this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mrs Fit

Hi Honeymonster
    Sorry if my post appeared to be "plugging a race" as you put it, but that wasnt how i intended it. like i said, im thinking of taking part in some adventure races this year as i have never taken part in one before and the one i mentioned came up when i googled. do you want me to remove my post? maybe im in the wrong forum trying to make contact with other Adventure race goers? please point me in the right direction if this is the case.
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Mrs Fit wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I'm thinking of pushing my limits this year and taking part in some Adventure Races around the country! just seen one advertised for Waterford on May 21st and gonna give it a try :) Anybody out there thinking of heading that direction?

Mrs Fit - there is a thread on last years race here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055907216

It was on the same day as the West Wicklow Roar last year so alot of boards members may have done that instead, not sure if the two clash this year.

Advertisement