Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Not the best of matches...so far anyway! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I see that waterford have opened up a phone helpline after sunday
    The number is 1800719019 - ask for Lar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Cork were well worth their win last night. Their forwards are similar to our own seniors in their movement and Aiden Walsh is a Corbet clone. Awful pity so many of them will be lost to football.

Was impressed with Brian O'Meara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I only caught glimpses but Cork were very good. Very fluid and scored well from tight angles. At times it looked that Tipperary were two men down! Good luck to them.

Cork were well worth their win last night. Their forwards are similar to our own seniors in their movement and Aiden Walsh is a Corbet clone. Awful pity so many of them will be lost to football.

Was impressed with Brian O'Meara

Buggy was a major threat no doubt. Will be a useful option for the seniors in the future but not so sure he suits Tipperary's current movement style as he relies mostly on raw power to win his battles.

I think a few of them lads could switch to the hurling as i think most Corkonians prefer the hurling but i hope from a Tipp point of view they stay at the big ball game for now :)

Dont get me wrong there is football strongholds in Cork but when you look throughout the years alot of great dual players like Jack Lynch and JBM have plied their trade with the big ball game before making the switch.

Anyone have any updates from the south semis or any other matches throughout the county?

• Advertisement

Vizzy wrote: »
    I see that waterford have opened up a phone helpline after sunday
    The number is 1800719019 - ask for Lar

Apparently the Queen is reported to have said to William
    "F*ck your David Beckham I've a Lar Outside!!!"
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

Buggy was a major threat no doubt. Will be a useful option for the seniors in the future but not so sure he suits Tipperary's current movement style as he relies mostly on raw power to win his battles.

I think a few of them lads could switch to the hurling as i think most Corkonians prefer the hurling but i hope from a Tipp point of view they stay at the big ball game for now :)

Dont get me wrong there is football strongholds in Cork but when you look throughout the years alot of great dual players like Jack Lynch and JBM have plied their trade with the big ball game before making the switch.

Anyone have any updates from the south semis or any other matches throughout the county?
    South Senior Hurling. Davins through to final after beating Killenaule. Swans and Mullinahone drew. Replay fixed for next sunday i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Wouldn't an all Carrick final be great. Held in Davin park. They'll have to sell tickets!

Just a heads up to supporters. The Tipperary Senior panel are training in the Gaelic Grounds in Clonmel (opposite the hospital) on the 22nd of July. I'm not 100% sure of the date but I'll report back if it's wrong. One of the local news papers advertised it. I'll be popping along.

According to St Marys parish website that's actually on Thursday the 21st July

Link here

According to St Marys parish website that's actually on Thursday the 21st July

Link here

Yup, had my wires crossed. Tomorrow evening is correct.

• Advertisement

Anyone head to the training session in Clonmel? Glad I went. Fine crowd and interesting to see them being put through their paces. Got many autographs and a few pictures with players. Great outing, they're a cracking bunch of players - both on and off the field.

Anyone head to the training session in Clonmel? Glad I went. Fine crowd and interesting to see them being put through their paces. Got many autographs and a few pictures with players. Great outing, they're a cracking bunch of players - both on and off the field.

Didn't get to go myself but i totally agree with you about the players. Some sound out guys on the team. Id know Paul Curran and Eoin Kelly and both are bang on. Was in Larry's pub after the under 21 game last week and he seems a very down to earth guy.

Micheal Cahill, Bonner-Maher, and Cummins were all gents. Corbett seemed fairly off...but that may be due to the shouting admirers - he was swarmed in them. Very nice guys, and my respect for them has shot up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Mattie fucking McGrath :rolleyes:

Hah noticed that myself. What a douche. I snickered at him while he was getting himself involved with the local parish plumpers and co.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

He's fcukin everywhere:mad:but it didn't stop me enjoying the training session tonight,a good night and a great turnout.

Hah noticed that myself. What a douche. I snickered at him while he was getting himself involved with the local parish plumpers and co.

Please don't start that here! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Do ye think we can do it again this year lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SummerTroll

Skyrim wrote: »
    No

• Advertisement

Please don't start that here! :rolleyes:

Hit a nerve have we?
    No

Enlighten us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Skyrim wrote: »
    YES !

Hit a nerve have we?

What's wrong with him going and meeting the people of his constituent? Albeit looking for votes but wouldn't you do the same thing? Or would you expect people to vote for someone that they don't see?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

What's wrong with him going and meeting the people of his constituent? Albeit looking for votes but wouldn't you do the same thing? Or would you expect people to vote for someone that they don't see?

You wouldn't see hide nor hair of that prat if Tipp weren't doing well. You can replace the word Tipp with FF party or any other bandwagon that the wheels have fallen off and Mattie has jumped ship from.

Are the semi finals an open draw this year or does it depend on who wins today? I'd love a rematch with Galway. I reckon the quarter against them last year had us better prepared for the final then Kilkenny, who cantered through the rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mags85

If Dublin win, we will play them
    If waterford win we play dublin/limerick
    If Limerick and Galway win its an open draw

tippspur wrote: »
    YES !

Is Feidir Linn!!!

Is Feidir Linn!!!

Is Feidir Linn!!!

You wouldn't see hide nor hair of that prat if Tipp weren't doing well. You can replace the word Tipp with FF party or any other bandwagon that the wheels have fallen off and Mattie has jumped ship from.

Are the semi finals an open draw this year or does it depend on who wins today? I'd love a rematch with Galway. I reckon the quarter against them last year had us better prepared for the final then Kilkenny, who cantered through the rounds.

HE FIXED THE ROADS!!!!! :D

So, Dublin in the semi-final. They're a good squad and it's good to see them emerge. Paul Ryan, Ryan O' Dwyer, Liam Rushe, Peter Kelly, all good players but I think Tipperary have that edge. Will be an interesting showdown but we've to wait a long two weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I think Tipp will be too strong for Dublin. I hope the lads will be thinking of revenge, didn't the Dubs beat us in the League? It would be nice to hammer them out the gate at Croker!!

• Advertisement

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I think Tipp will be too strong for Dublin. I hope the lads will be thinking of revenge, didn't the Dubs beat us in the League? It would be nice to hammer them out the gate at Croker!!

We might be getting too ahead of ourselves here. We certainly have what it takes to beat Dublin but i definitely think they deserve respect. Don't forget also it took us a while to get going against Clare. A better team might not let us back into the game as handy.
    Every game wont necessarily go the same as the Munster final. While we were awesome that day no doubt teams will have watched us closely. I hope we haven't shown our hand too early and if we do get past Dublin then more then likely opponents Kilkenny will be an altogether different prospect. Roles are reversed this year and they are the team gunning for revenge and we are the defending All Ireland champions.

Dublin in their own right are a very combative team and will be in our face from the whistle. Tipp will need to get be ready for a dogfight. Every game takes on a life of its own.

Advertisement