Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2011

Options

Comments

hinault wrote: »
    As a Dub exiled in Tipperary, I'd dearly love to see my home county get one over Tipp.

But I think Tipp are far too good a side to lose to Dublin

The Cork footballers were caught with their trousers down today so we should approach this game with confidence but extreme caution.

Best of luck to our minor footballers tomorrow against Meath.

Team named - Gearoid Slattery; Niall Sullivan, John Meagher, Conor O'Sullivan; Colin O'Riordan, Dylan Fitzelle, Seamus Kennedy; Stephen O'Brien, Ian Fahey; Greg Henry, Philip Quirke, Bill Maher; Liam McGrath, Michael Quinlivan, TJ Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Pity that Tipp FM or Mid-West arent covering the minor match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

tippspur wrote: »
    I think that's only a malicious rumor TG, PV has denied it anyway.
    I tried to join Premierview a few months back and they replied saying they were taking no new members this year but i could join if i was willing to pay, think it was €5 or something but it still seemed like a bit f a scam to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Tipp 0-11 Meath 0-7 Great win for the Tipp Minor Footballers today,congrats to all involved.

Tipp 0-11 Meath 0-7 Great win for the Tipp Minor Footballers today,congrats to all involved.

Had the privelege of seeing the boys bring home the bacon again today. Great stuff. Fitzell and Fahey were excellent.

• Advertisement

Pity that Tipp FM or Mid-West arent covering the minor match.

Your probably better off not listening to Paddy. I do well to keep the hair on my head listening to his commentary.

"He has it, they come again, the ball is dropping, dropping it in now, Time Walty"

Your probably better off not listening to Paddy. I do well to keep the hair on my head listening to his commentary.

"He has it, they come again, the ball is dropping, dropping it in now, Time Walty"
    Ah, its only community radio and its a bit of a laugh. Id rather Paddy over some unenthusiastic streak of misery any day.

Ah, its only community radio and its a bit of a laugh. Id rather Paddy over some unenthusiastic streak of misery any day.

Oh you'd get a laugh no doubt but id prefer proper match coverage.

Good weekend for Tipperary in GAA circumstances.

The minor Camogie team are all ireland champions after beating Kilkenny by a point.
    Brendan Cummins regained his Póc Fáda title i think its his 5th.
    Our senior ladies football team are in next round of qualifiers having hammered Clare by 13 points.

EDIT: And silly me of course our minor footballers are in the all ireland semi final

In other news Carrick Swan will learn their fate tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Excellent all round. This can be used to show that Tipperary aren't just focused on the one element! Premier athletes. ;)

• Advertisement

Any word from the south final saga? are the swan back in?

Any word from the south final saga? are the swan back in?
    Swan are back in it !!1:)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

H'on the Swan! Yeeeeooooowwww!

One week to go to Tipp v Dublin. On form we should have enough but we need to really assert ourselves early.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

:D It needs a thread!

Will there be many going of ye going up? A lot of people spouting shite that theyre saving their money for the final.

Will there be many going of ye going up? A lot of people spouting shite that theyre saving their money for the final.

:rolleyes:

Thats an unbelievable attitude. Do these fúcking knobheads ever learn? I half wonder do they want to jeopardise our chances of winning

Im heading up myself. Season Ticket holder.

Heading up too :D

Jackasses. They've no appreciation of Hurling. Dublin will be going hell for leather, they've nothing to lose as they've exceeded expectations. It will be a great match to miss out on.

Can't wait for the game now.

Kilkenny have made the final. What did people think of them yesterday? To be honest I was expecting much more but they did enough. Not invincible though.

I can see Dublin having serious support behind them, an AI hurling semi-final against the champions, doesnt come around for them too often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

"I can see Dublin having serious support behind them, an AI hurling semi-final against the champions, doesnt come around for them too often"
    Agree wholeheartly - particularly when they are in the minor match as well.

They got a huge crowd for the football, if they get around that for Hurling (a little unrealistic maybe) it'll be a huge boost for the players. Homefield advantage and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Im heading up aswel, cant wait like.

Id expect 60,000 to be at this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

The dubs will come racing out of the blocks from the start, hopefully we can cope. Heard Treacy is out for the dubs.

Skyrim wrote: »
    The dubs will come racing out of the blocks from the start, hopefully we can cope. Heard Treacy is out for the dubs.

They are very unlucky with injuries this year losing the likes of Hiney and Keaney. I had heard Oisín Gough was out with a broken hand the other day but havent heard confirmation of this? Hadn't heard about Treacy either. They have a huge panel. Something like 37 on it or so.

Heading up aswel,I don't care if we only win by one point as long as we win it.any of ye get one of the 10 euro tickets? have one booked for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Do any of ye know the story with the 10 euro tickets this year for Sunday? :)

Heading up aswel,I don't care if we only win by one point as long as we win it.any of ye get one of the 10 euro tickets? have one booked for myself.

:eek: How'd you manage that?

10 euro tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

The Gaa had it running last year that you could get them for the Canal End, trying to figure out how to get them now :/

Advertisement