Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

Tis over lads !
    The cats will ate ye without salt.

Daly was a happy man to see the dubs put up such a fine display.

Cody was even happier to see Tipp struggle as they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Tis over lads !
    The cats will ate ye without salt.

Daly was a happy man to see the dubs put up such a fine display.

Cody was even happier to see Tipp struggle as they did.

Yeah, few will give Tipp a chance in the final but stranger things have happened...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Yeah, few will give Tipp a chance in the final but stranger things have happened...

In fairness Kilkenny weren't great against Waterford. As the Sunday Game panel said, the teams won't fear each other and will think that they can beat each other. last year we had a tough battle against Galway and look at them now. They weren't a great team, maybe the same standard as Dublin this year and we went on and bet the cats by 10 points.

According to Johnny B on PV himself and the Boogiemen have a new song in the pipeline soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

According to Johnny B on PV himself and the Boogiemen have a new song in the pipeline soon ;)
    Also said he will be filming some of the new video for the song down in Tracy park in Carrick.

• Advertisement

Can't wait for the All Ireland final buzz to get going again,It's gonna be great.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

What you guys reckon: keep the same squad as the Waterford/Dublin games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

What you guys reckon: keep the same squad as the Waterford/Dublin games?
    Im fairly sure Brendan Maher will start, possibly in place of JOK. I dont mean to be harsh on JOK but I reckon KK could try and expose him in the final. The middle third might be shuffled around but the Full-forwards and Full-backs are pretty much guaranteed barring injuries.

Best of luck to our Minor footballers against Roscommon on Sunday.

Team for Sunday

Tipperary Minor Football team to play Roscommon.Evan Comerford,Niall O Sullivan,John Meagher, Conor O Sullivan,Colin O Riordan, Dylan Fitzelle,Seamus Kennedy,Stephen O Brien ,Ian Fahey,Greg Henry,Philip Quirke,Bill Maher,Liam McGrath,Michael Quinlivan,TJ Ryan.

tippspur wrote: »
    Best of luck to our Minor footballers against Roscommon on Sunday.

Team for Sunday

Tipperary Minor Football team to play Roscommon.Evan Comerford,Niall O Sullivan,John Meagher, Conor O Sullivan,Colin O Riordan, Dylan Fitzelle,Seamus Kennedy,Stephen O Brien ,Ian Fahey,Greg Henry,Philip Quirke,Bill Maher,Liam McGrath,Michael Quinlivan,TJ Ryan.

Gearoid Slattery not in goals this time? Interesting. Good to see Tj Ryan back. Serious talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Gearoid Slattery not in goals this time? Interesting. Good to see Tj Ryan back. Serious talent.

Some silly rumours going around about the goalkeeper situation but I think the change is more tactics than anything.

Good luck to the footballers! Few of the lads are Clonmel based, some went to my former school. Is it on TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Good luck to the footballers! Few of the lads are Clonmel based, some went to my former school. Is it on TV?
    sunday game on rte 2 starts 1.15pm, game starts 1.30pm

Some silly rumours going around about the goalkeeper situation but I think the change is more tactics than anything.

Slattery done ok in every game so far bar the Kerry game. He made one terrible mistake and was a ball of nerves after it but thats minors for ya. With experience comes a cool head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Worst display by a referee in ages :mad:,great stuff to hang on there against 16 :)

Great result for the young Tipperary footballers though Fahey is a lucky boy he got two yellows. Ref was stone useless.

One of our midfielders put his 2 hands up to catch a high ball yet he gave a free for pushing :confused:

Well done to the Minor footballers,held out great in he end even though another Offally referee tried his best to do us.Fahey should have got a free in if the ref done his job right.
    I believe the free count was Roscommon 34 Tipp 14

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great result for the minors, goes to show the strength in depth we have in the county not just hurling to be had here, I'm looking at you Kilkenny, cough cough....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

TBH i hadnt seen the minor footballers play all year and doubted whether they would have enough to beat the Rosies in Croker.
    Must say I was pleasantly surprised, played some lovely football and looked very natural.
    I thought there were by far the better team, the ref done his best to keep Roscommon in the game and we done well to hang on at the end.

Bring on the Dubs.

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    TBH i hadnt seen the minor footballers play all year and doubted whether they would have enough to beat the Rosies in Croker.
    Must say I was pleasantly surprised, played some lovely football and looked very natural.
    I thought there were by far the better team, the ref done his best to keep Roscommon in the game and we done well to hang on at the end.

Bring on the Dubs.

Could be Galway also :)

I had the pleasure of seeing this great crop of youngsters come back from 11 points down against Kerry in Thurles back in May and on Aug 1st against Meath.
    They have grown in confidence since then and blew Roscommon away the first 40 mins. A few errors creeped in to our play towards the end but thankfully we have got our just reward.

Perhaps Johnny B might have to get the pen and paper out and write a few lyrics for this crop too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

A bit quiet on here considering the final is just over a week away so here's Johnny B and the lads to get things started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Its a good song but not as good as The Premier Rap. You're right though OAOB, it's very quiet here considering its only 9 days away.

Just to perk up some discussion, who is Boardsies' favourite Tipperary player?

Mine's the heroic Patrick "Bonnar" Maher. Always hard working, unselfish and sets up goals brilliantly. He's young and has a great future I think. Quite underrated among the half-arsed Tipperary fans who seem to know only Lar Corbett and Eoin Kelly. Of course you can pick him if you're genuine! Sound bloke too!

439487.jpg

I'd have to agree with you with that choice. He's a fantastic player. He's a workhorse and he has some smashing skills. And I hope he gets many All-Stars and wins the AI for as long as he plays for Tipp. A real team player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

Padraic Maher for me, great work rate and extremely skillful player, seems to go from strength to strength.

Has the potential to become one of the greatest half backs of all time.

Padraic Maher,if he has a good AI final he'll be hurler of the year.

Tipp won the Tony Forristal tournament today,beat Cork by 11 points to 6.Tipp were captained by a lad from Carrick Swan and he also got MOTM. well done to the young hurlers of Tipperary !!

tippspur wrote: »
    Tipp won the Tony Forristal tournament today,beat Cork by 11 points to 6.Tipp were captained by a lad from Carrick Swan and he also got MOTM. well done to the young hurlers of Tipperary !!

Good stuff. How did they do in the under 16 tournament and how many teams did they enter do you or anyone else know?

7 days to the big one!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mags85

I agree that Bonnar Maher at the moment would be the player I would pick from the team. Does all the hard work and then sets up some great points/goals for Kelly/Lar. Completely unselfish and not glory hunting. Hope he gets the recognition he deserves come the all stars and he plays at his best next Sunday. Though I do think he had a bit of off day against Dublin.

• Advertisement

He certainly did have an off day against Dublin. But it's better to have an off day in the AI semi-final than the Final. I hope he has a cracking game on Sunday.

Advertisement