Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Just to perk up some discussion, who is Boardsies' favourite Tipperary player?

Mine's the heroic Patrick "Bonnar" Maher. Always hard working, unselfish and sets up goals brilliantly. He's young and has a great future I think. Quite underrated among the half-arsed Tipperary fans who seem to know only Lar Corbett and Eoin Kelly. Of course you can pick him if you're genuine! Sound bloke too!

439487.jpg
    He would be my top player too,and Brendan Cummins is an outstanding goalkeeper.The game against Dublin worked out better than if they played as the 1/16 faves they were on the day.Get the flags out,Liam is staying at home.Roll on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent new song by the Corrigan brothers. Fair play to the lads

Is Féidir Linn
    Is Féidir Linn
    Is Féidir Linn
    Is Féidir Linn
    Is Féidir Linn
    Is Féidir Linn
    Is Féidir Linn
    Is Féidir Linn

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mags85

Johnny B and The Boogie Men also have a new song this year.

The Premier Return
    http://youtu.be/oZta06vHRmY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

mags85 wrote: »
    Johnny B and The Boogie Men also have a new song this year.

The Premier Return
    http://youtu.be/oZta06vHRmY

Posted already a page back.

Oops didn't see that.

Same team named for Sunday:
    Brendan Cummins,
    Paddy Stapleton,
    Paul Curran,
    Mickey Cahill,
    John O'Keefe,
    Conor O'Mahony,
    Paudie Maher,
    Gar Ryan,
    Shane McGrath,
    Seamie Callinan,
    Noel McGrath,
    Bonner Maher,
    Eoin Kelly (Captain),
    John O'Brien,
    Larry Corbett

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I thought Brendan Maher would get the push over O' Keffee on experience, but that squad has worked before. Other than that, it's the strongest line up there.

Countin' down the days now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm disappointed Brendan Maher is not starting tbh.KK will probably put Shefflin out on O'Keeffe now.

Maher probably isn't fully fit yet but I'm sure he will make an appearance at some point in the 70mins :)

Best of luck to the team that was picked anyway,hope they will do the business on Sunday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm also disappointed that Brendan Maher isn't on, but he will be a great impact sub to have to bring on! Got my ticket for the match today, very nervous, no idea what way it will go on the day!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

I'd be very worried if Brendan Maher wasn't fully fit by now considering the injury happened back in April/May, thats enough time to recover, i'd presume its lack of match practice that's keeping him out.
    Had hoped he would start but we've a good strong starting 15 and a probably a better bench than last year so there's no need to worry.
    I'll tell you one thing lads, i'm seriously nervous about this game already, we'll have to play at our very best to win i reckon but i've a lot of confidence in the lads, they've performed excellent in the final the last two years and i don't expect anything different this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 clogheentipp

I thought Brendan Maher would get the push over O' Keffee on experience, but that squad has worked before. Other than that, it's the strongest line up there.

Perhaps a good ploy by Ryan & Co. They could have dropped O'Keeffe, but apart from the Clare game, when he played out of position, he has been solid. They could also have dropped Seamie Callanan, bringing Gar Ryan to the half forward line and putting Maher in at mid-field.

Seeing as O'Keeffe could come a cropper and Callanan could have one of his famous 'off days' they've chosen to hedge their bets, see who is playing well on the day, and then replace anyone who is out of sorts with Maher, who is generally pretty reliable. He can also man any position from half back to half forward.

On any given All Ireland final day there is always going to be one or two players who don't perform to the best of their ability, who better to replace them with than the current young hurler of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

Hon Tipp :D

The crowd was amazing last year. Lets hope the 16th man can help the Blue and Gold again. I think Uptheslashers picked up on the tipp fans habit of cheering 'tipp tipp tipp' when things are going well and its a valid point but i have to say the crowd was simply incredible all the way through last year.

I tell ya lads and lassies the nerves are jangling. Absolutely shattered and its only the Friday before the game.

News is Mickey Cahill went over his ankle last night and is a doubt. i think he'll be ok though. Id imagine he'll be marking Colin Fennelly if fit which i think he probably will be too.

Will be interesting to see how KK handle our full forwards. It could be a case of Tipperary having to try take their scores from out the field.
    On the backs you can expect Padraic Maher to have to fight tooth and nail to clear a ball and if he is blocked down there will be a stripey man waiting to pick up the loose ball. Equally Tommy Walsh will be closely marked by Bonnar Maher at the other end.

I think people overlook Shane Mcgrath's contribution last year. His delivery from midfield could be more critical then even Padraic Maher's at half back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

The crowd was amazing last year. Lets hope the 16th man can help the Blue and Gold again. I think Uptheslashers picked up on the tipp fans habit of cheering 'tipp tipp tipp' when things are going well and its a valid point but i have to say the crowd was simply incredible all the way through last year.

I tell ya lads and lassies the nerves are jangling. Absolutely shattered and its only the Friday before the game.

News is Mickey Cahill went over his ankle last night and is a doubt. i think he'll be ok though. Id imagine he'll be marking Colin Fennelly if fit which i think he probably will be too.

Will be interesting to see how KK handle our full forwards. It could be a case of Tipperary having to try take their scores from out the field.
    On the backs you can expect Padraic Maher to have to fight tooth and nail to clear a ball and if he is blocked down there will be a stripey man waiting to pick up the loose ball. Equally Tommy Walsh will be closely marked by Bonnar Maher at the other end.

I think people overlook Shane Mcgrath's contribution last year. His delivery from midfield could be more critical then even Padraic Maher's at half back.

Most of the papers are saying hell be grand. A lot will be made of it just because its so close to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Heard demand for tickets in kk was low and there was a large amount of tickets being sold in thurles this evening.

Skyrim wrote: »
    Heard demand for tickets in kk was low and there was a large amount of tickets being sold in thurles this evening.
    I heard a similar story this evening,someone told me Grangemocklar got about 20 tickets from nearby KK club Windgap.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

tippspur wrote: »
    I heard a similar story this evening,someone told me Grangemocklar got about 20 tickets from nearby KK club Windgap.

All the better, make it a blue and gold cauldron.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Lads any of you have any spare football tickets?
    Like gold dust be confident enough of getting some from the club but a raffle so cant be too sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

Heard a kk fan this evening say to another " I hope to God those tipp c$$ts dont win tomorrow" . And the other fella turned around and said " ah we wont lose two years in a row". Since i heard that, i have never wanted to beat kk as badly as i do now. Hon Tipp. Up the Premier.

• Advertisement

Hope we bate the shyte out of them !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

getting nervous Now, nearly sweating! we need to win or else kilkenny people will treat last year as a fluke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

The buterflies are starting.........it would break my heart to see Kilkenny lift that cup tomorrow...BUT THEY WONT.......CMON TIPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, the nerves are sitting in big time now.I won't be right until the final whistle goes tomorrow and Kelly is lifting that Cup....Hon Tipp ta feck !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Absolutely bricking it, this is the most nervous I've been for any match at all! Can't wait for tomorrow, UP THE PREMIER!!!

For those of us lucky enough to be shouting our great hurling team on in Croker tomorrow.....Give it socks
    Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

Tipp Tipp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

we havent showed up at all. Really worried now but only a few points down. Hopefully they can rally in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

looking bad, I know they can do it, but jeez it's going to be tough!!

• Advertisement

We were lucky only to lose by what we did. Second to every ball. Poor Lar was a no show. Like the majority, if not all of the forward line. Very disappointing. Hopefully they can bounce back. We have a good enough panel.

Advertisement