Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

whats up with Conor O'Mahony? Is he injured or has he been dropped?

Rib injury, hes not quite 100% and has very little hurling done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Best of luck to the Tipp team on Sunday,I'm really looking forward to it..Up the Premier !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

will i be grand for getting tickets later on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mlinked

What was the intermediate match result today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

mlinked wrote: »
    What was the intermediate match result today?

They lost, i think it was 4 points in it at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

OAOB wrote: »
    They lost, i think it was 4 points in it at the end
    Yeah thats right.
    Poor match with 2 even and equally poor teams unfortunately.

Good win for the seniors. Our experience showed despite Cork getting it back level when we finally got two points up on the scoreboard despite us not scoring for 23 minutes. I think David Young needed to be changed also. Its fair to say Fanning's old number 5 shirt is up for grabs.

In contrast the intermediate game was very poor. How in gods name do we have all these Senior clubs in Tipperary and yet still that's all we have to show for?

I thought it was a bit worrying how slow the sideline were to make changes in the second half when cork were on fire. I thought Conor O'Mahony stabilised the backs when he eventually came on and the team have enough confidence not to panic when the pressure comes on

Either way it was a good win and theres plenty for the team to work on over the next few weeks which is good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Well lads, couldnt find the game for love nor money yesterday. How did we do overall? The impression im gettin is Callinan had a great game and Young didnt. I hope Sheamie gets back on form, if he was that good yesterday there might be a fire under him, he looks lethal at times.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Well lads, couldnt find the game for love nor money yesterday. How did we do overall? The impression im gettin is Callinan had a great game and Young didnt. I hope Sheamie gets back on form, if he was that good yesterday there might be a fire under him, he looks lethal at times.

Young struggled a bit and Cork knew they could get joy if they exploited him. Callinans ability is never in question. the deadliest in ireland to find space and make himself available. Bonnar Maher was terrific also. He set up 2 goals and scored a lovely point himself. a great young lad

• Advertisement

I was a worried man for a while yesterday,when Cork drew level I was thinking the worst.Thankfully the team put in a great finish.I have to say that was a class goal from Kelly,great to see he still has it in him.

Tipperary (U21HC v Waterford) - Wed June 1st in Thurles @ 7.30pm

1. Paul Ryan (Upperchurch Drombane),
    2. Ciarán Hough (Lorrha and Dorrha),
    3. Kevin O'Gorman (Thurles Sarsfields),
    4. Stephen Maher (Thurles Sarsfields),
    5. Brian Stapleton (Templederry Kenyons),
    6. James Barry (Upperchurch Drombane),
    7. Padraig Heffernan (Clonoulty Rossmore),
    8. Noel McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney),
    9. Joe Gallagher (Kildangan),
    10. Sean Curran (Mullinahone),
    11. Paddy Murphy (Nenagh Éire Óg),
    12. Brian O'Meara (Kilruane MacDonaghs),
    13. John O'Dwyer (Killenaule),
    14. Adrian Ryan (Templederry Kenyons),
    15. John O'Neill (Clonoulty Rossmore).

Referee is Diarmuid Kirwan. The County board is insane to agree to him reffing any of our games again.

Under 21 result

Tipp won 4-12 - Waterford 1-16. Close call for Tipp. It seemed they were cruising but in the dying moments Waterford came back into it with a goal and a point but then John O'Neill stuck home his second and Tipp's fourth goal on the night to seal the win. A performance very like Sunday for all the world. Tipp simply refusing to put teams away and give them every hope of coming back despite having at one stage a 10 point lead tonight.

Best on the night for Tipp were Ciaran Hough and Adrian Ryan.

Link
    Bord Gais Energy Munster Under 21 Hurling Quarter-Final - Tipperary 4-12 Waterford 1-16
    posted 5 hours ago by sites tipperary [ updated 3 hours ago ]

Tipperary defeated Waterford by 4-12 to 1-16 in the Bord Gais Energy Munster Under 21 Hurling Championship Quarter-Final on Wednesday at Semple Stadium Thurles.

Next Round – the winners play Cork on July 20th at 7:30pm in Semple Stadium Thurles in the Munster Semi-Final.

Waterford fans not to happy with Kirwin ater tonights game I hear,we know what that's like.great to win this game even if we did lose a good lead again like last Sunday.best of luck to them in the semi against Cork.

tippspur wrote: »
    Waterford fans not to happy with Kirwin ater tonights game I hear,we know what that's like.great to win this game even if we did lose a good lead again like last Sunday.best of luck to them in the semi against Cork.

Kirwan sent off a Waterford player very harshly in my opinion. His second offense was definitely not a yellow. I cant remember the first to say whether he deserved it or not.

Maurice Shanahan had a very good case for a free which they could have went for the juggler and won the game. We got that bit of luck i think

Not long to the Clare game now. Anyone have any thoughts on how we will do?

3 footballers and good ones at that have left the panel to work in America for the summer. Peter Acheson, Conor Sweeney and Matthew O'Donnell. Link here

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mags85

I think we should be ok against Clare, if limerick were anything to go by yesterday. Though ya never know with Clare. We have a good team if Ryan puts out the right 15 to start and they play well there shouldn't be any problems. Fingers crossed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

ya you would have to imagine given the team we have we should get through this one ok. if we turn up with the right attitude that is, which i think we will after this weekend's fare!

the team should be interesting thurs evening.

by the way lads do any of ye know are we in the clare end or city end terrace in limerick? i assume clare will take the clare end?? Thanks.

Will

Hey lads, just wondering is there any injury updates on Shane Mcgrath or Brendan Maher, they be ready to go on Sunday?

OAOB wrote: »
    Hey lads, just wondering is there any injury updates on Shane Mcgrath or Brendan Maher, they be ready to go on Sunday?

Didn't hear anything about Shane Mcgrath now but i think Brendan Maher is only back in full training the last week and had said his fitness wouldn't be up to scratch.

• Advertisement

I heard Shane Mac is flying it again and Festy took a full part in training tonight also.Brendan Maher going well and I would say he will play some part on Sunday if things are going well for Tipp.I don't care if we only win by one point against Clare as long as we win it.We should be two good for them though.

Yeah Shane McGrath is fine, and Brendan is expected to be named amongst the subs. Halfbackline I guess is the only real area for debate, the rest of the team more or less picks itself.

Yeah Shane McGrath is fine, and Brendan is expected to be named amongst the subs. Halfbackline I guess is the only real area for debate, the rest of the team more or less picks itself.

I don't mean to be harsh on Young but i think Paudie, COM and O'Keeffe are the best options and apparently Festy and Hennessey are meant to be back flying in training so that adds further competition for places on the field at the same time.

I don't mean to be harsh on Young but i think Paudie, COM and O'Keeffe are the best options and apparently Festy and Hennessey are meant to be back flying in training so that adds further competition for places on the field at the same time.

David Young is a great impact sub with 15-20 mins to go when the game is a bit looser and slower, but he simply hasnt the speed of foot or speed of hurling for the full 70, he finds it very difficult to make space for himself.

Festy is back flying it again alright, Hennessey is still a little sore with the knee so I doubt they will risk him, he hasnt played since the U-21 county final last year. They may all be needed as Im hearing Gearoid Ryan, John O Brien and Paddy Saint are all struggling to be fit.

Tipp team.
    Cummins

O' Keeffe
    Curran
    Cahill

Young
    O' Mahony
    Paudie Maher

S Mc Grath
    G Ryan

Callinan
    N Mc Grath
    Bonner Maher

Kelly
    O' Brien
    Corbett.

Stapleton Injured.

tippspur wrote: »
    Tipp team.
    Cummins

O' Keeffe
    Curran
    Cahill

Young
    O' Mahony
    Paudie Maher

S Mc Grath
    G Ryan

Callinan
    N Mc Grath
    Bonner Maher

Kelly
    O' Brien
    Corbett.

Stapleton Injured.

I hate to slate an amateur athlete at the comfort of my computer but its very worrying that Saint is injured as i have big concerns over David Young. Even Woodlock might have been a safer option at number 5

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

Even Woodlock might have been a safer option at number 5

no he would'nt

I hate to slate an amateur athlete at the comfort of my computer but its very worrying that Saint is injured as i have big concerns over David Young. Even Woodlock might have been a safer option at number 5

I share your concerns about Young, but Woodlock at wingback, dont test my heart like that please, Id nearly prefer Benny there that Woodlock, he would get murdered by any intercounty wingforward worth their salt, lets just say we beat Clare, can you imagine Woodlock on O'Mahoney, jaysus Davy would be creamin himself.

I share your concerns about Young, but Woodlock at wingback, dont test my heart like that please, Id nearly prefer Benny there that Woodlock, he would get murdered by any intercounty wingforward worth their salt, lets just say we beat Clare, can you imagine Woodlock on O'Mahoney, jaysus Davy would be creamin himself.

Does Woodlock not hurl wing back for Drom and Inch the odd occasion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

Does Woodlock not hurl wing back for Drom and Inch the odd occasion?

i've never heard of Woodlock playing wing back for Drom anyway.

Advertisement