Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Anybody have expectations as to how big the crow will be? Tickets arent on sale online it only says buy at the ground. I seen on the Tipp GAA website that its 30euro for a covered stand seat and 25 for uncovered and 15 for the terrace. 25 for uncovered is a bit steep no...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Anybody have expectations as to how big the crow will be? Tickets arent on sale online it only says buy at the ground. I seen on the Tipp GAA website that its 30euro for a covered stand seat and 25 for uncovered and 15 for the terrace. 25 for uncovered is a bit steep no...?

Id expect a crowd in and around 20,000. Limerick is a disaster venue, everytime I attend a match there im stuck in traffic for hours so I wont be making the trip.
    Looking forward to the game however and Id expect a TIpp victory by 7/8 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We're in the Munster final and it's a great feeling.well done to the young Clare team for giving us a tough game,all the better for us rather than a handy win,Paudie Maher was outstanding at wing back and scored two brilliant points to cap a great performance from him.Callinan got some great scores aswell He's really starting to realise his potential at last.unfortunately I think we will have to find replacements for O'Keeffe and Young both of them look like there not at this standard yet..bring on Waterford,should be a great final..up the premier !!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

who did the sunday give man of the match to? padraic maher for me

Few frailties in the backs to be sorted but a great win nonetheless. roll on july 10th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

MonsterMob wrote: »
    who did the sunday give man of the match to? padraic maher for me

no motm on sunday game, watched the tv3 after match comments on the sky plus when i got back up last night, all 3 analysts were very impressed with us!

they gave motm to paudie, i wouldve had him as mine too... lots of papers gave it to seamus today!

great to see us not panicing when the going was tough and the ruthlessness to take the goals when on offer. didn't realise eoins penalty hit the crossbar till last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

lots of rumours that the venue has been decided for the next day yet, with waterford being offered half the gate if they play in semple... anyone hear anything else about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Will23 wrote: »

they gave motm to paudie, i wouldve had him as mine too... lots of papers gave it to seamus today!

great to see us not panicing when the going was tough and the ruthlessness to take the goals when on offer. didn't realise eoins penalty hit the crossbar till last night!

Maher definitely deserved MOTM. Curran and Callanan put in good shifts too.

When the going got tough, I though Tipperary floundered a little, the looked lost. Clare went 20 minutes without a wide and were on fire. It took Corbett's goal to settle us down thankfully.
    lots of rumours that the venue has been decided for the next day yet, with waterford being offered half the gate if they play in semple... anyone hear anything else about this?

Someone in the GAA forum mentioned it was in Thurles. Not 100% sure what'll be. There's certainly talks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

munster final is set for pairc ui caoimh according to the gaa's website

http://www.gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/national-fixtures/search-results/

it was mentioned as being in cork as well on radio 1 earlier

overall i thought it was a good tipp performance on sunday. padraic maher is some hurler , a real joy to watch

edit : use the drop down menu on the link to choose GAA Hurling All Ireland Senior Championship - Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Maher definitely deserved MOTM. Curran and Callanan put in good shifts too.

When the going got tough, I though Tipperary floundered a little, the looked lost. Clare went 20 minutes without a wide and were on fire. It took Corbett's goal to settle us down thankfully.

Someone in the GAA forum mentioned it was in Thurles. Not 100% sure what'll be. There's certainly talks.

It was me who posted it on the GAA forum, the story is the Munster Council have fixed it for Thurles but the two county boards have come to an arangement to play it in thurles, Munster Council are digging their heels in and insisting it stays in cork so as it stands its still in cork

• Advertisement

Tipp minor team named to play Clare in the stadium this Friday night at 7.30 (munster minor hurling sf). One change from Cork game as Steven Cahill from the Sars comes in for Conor Hammersly

1. Shane Hassett (Drom and Inch)

2. James Bourke (Moycarkey Borris)

3. John Meagher (Loughmore Castleiney)

4. Jack Peters (Kilruane MacDonaghs)

5. Thomas Hamill (Killea)

6. Jason Forde (Silvermines) Captain

7. Cathal Barrett (Holycross Ballycahill)

8. Bill Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash)

9. Eoin Fennelly (Mullinahone)

10. Steven Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields)

11. Dan McCormack (Borris-Ileigh)

12. Tom Kirwan (Ballybacon Grange)

13. Pat Ralph (Moycarkey Borris)

14. Liam McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)

15. Cathal Horan (Mullinahone)

It was me who posted it on the GAA forum, the story is the Munster Council have fixed it for Thurles but the two county boards have come to an arangement to play it in thurles, Munster Council are digging their heels in and insisting it stays in cork so as it stands its still in cork

Thurles is certainly safer anyhow but i think there would be an imbalance of supporters which may not be in the interest of fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Thurles is certainly safer anyhow but i think there would be an imbalance of supporters which may not be in the interest of fair play

it was waterford who approached Tipp about moving it to Thurles, no one wants to go that death trap in Cork

it was waterford who approached Tipp about moving it to Thurles, no one wants to go that death trap in Cork

Very true. I love a game at the Pairc but there is no denying that the concourses inside the ground are way too narrow to accommodate the amount of supporters that may potentially attend a Munster final and the ground in general is very dated.

Huge milestone for Lar at the weekend. Well done to him
    By Jackie Cahill

2010 Hurler of the Year Lar Corbett became Tipperary's all-time leading championship goalscorer against Clare in last Sunday's Munster SHC semi-final, it has emerged.

Corbett's 21st strike took him one clear of Nicky English at the head of affairs.

Meanwhile, Eoin Kelly's 19th championship goal in the same game ensured that he moved one clear of the legendary Jimmy Doyle on 19, one behind English and just two behind Corbett.

Corbett admitted last night: "That's the first I've heard of it. These are things that are nice to look back on when you hang up the boots and the hurley. But once Tipp are winning championship matches, that's the most important thing. The other stuff is grand to look back on in time but this is the here and now and nothing we did last Sunday means anything heading towards the Munster final."

Corbett, meanwhile, has admitted that he would love the opportunity to pull the first pint at the proposed Tipperary Venue, the Las Vegas-style resort planned for county Tipperary.

Located in Two-Mile-Borrs, the multi-million euro venture has recently received planning permission and Corbett believes that a GAA themed bar would work well in the area.

The Thurles Sarsfields hotshot recently opened his own bar in Thurles, which is doing well, and he said: "I'd love to get the chance to pull the first pint in the Tipperary venue. Hayes' Hotel in Thurles, where the GAA was founded, enjoys such a strong tradition in Thurles and I believe that a strong GAA pub would go down well at the Tipperary Venue."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

minors lost to clare 3-13 to 1-13

ormond lad wrote: »
    minors lost to clare 3-13 to 1-13
    Not surprised,I saw them against Waterford and wasn't very impressed,I think the lads in charge of them could have done a bit better with that bunch of players tbh.

tippspur wrote: »
    Not surprised,I saw them against Waterford and wasn't very impressed,I think the lads in charge of them could have done a bit better with that bunch of players tbh.

Your right there. We are coming off the back of 4 of the last 5 u16 all ireland title wins yet 2 years in a row we have limped out of Munster before the final.

We were so limited in attack that both the number 3 and number 6 had to switch upfield. Clare to their credit though are a good side and could well win the All Ireland but Tipp need to get their act together at this level. Granted conditions were tough tonight but you would get the sense Clare wanted it alot more

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

Your right there. We are coming off the back of 4 of the last 5 u16 all ireland title wins yet 2 years in a row we have limped out of Munster before the final.

u16 All Irelands matter feck all in the grand scheme of things. Tipp always have a big advantage seeing as they have home advantage in the u16 competition.
    management for the minors were terrible this year. surely the wont be there next year.
    last year and this years Clare minor teams are the best thev had since 97 so Tipp were always gona be up against it tonight.Tipp team is very average.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

u16 All Irelands matter feck all in the grand scheme of things. Tipp always have a big advantage seeing as they have home advantage in the u16 competition.
    management for the minors were terrible this year. surely the wont be there next year.
    last year and this years Clare minor teams are the best thev had since 97 so Tipp were always gona be up against it tonight.Tipp team is very average. however im confident that will get 2 or 3 future seniors from this team

• Advertisement

Leroy Lita wrote: »
    last year and this years Clare minor teams are the best thev had since 97 so Tipp were always gona be up against it tonight.Tipp team is very average.

In terms of minor yes it means feck all but in terms of overall player development you would think perhaps it would give Tipp the extra confidence though ironically someone on premierview mentioned that Paudie and Brendan, etc never won u16 medals.

Clare have a very minor good side in fairness and i fancy them to take the all ireland title this year as 10 of last years team are still on the panel.

We have the under 21 in 3 weeks from tonight which will be interesting. Cork have brought Sheehan and Walsh onto the panel i believe.

Disappointing exit from the footballers last night. It was always going to be tough in Laois but we got a bit of a hiding in the end. Few eejits calling for Evans head on premierview which is bad form completely.

Was listening to commentary on Tipp FM and i have to say while i have nothing personal against Walty or Paddy their standard of commentary was absolutely horrendous stuff. Surely to god the listening public deserve better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Truly awful commentary alright but sure with the match so bad it was the only form of entertainment.

Poor result though, I really the footballers could put up a better show and maybe even sneak a result.
    I think there should be a major review of Club Football in the county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Disappointing exit from the footballers last night. It was always going to be tough in Laois but we got a bit of a hiding in the end. Few eejits calling for Evans head on premierview which is bad form completely.

Was listening to commentary on Tipp FM and i have to say while i have nothing personal against Walty or Paddy their standard of commentary was absolutely horrendous stuff. Surely to god the listening public deserve better.
    when has paddy ever been good at commentating. He has been awful for years

ormond lad wrote: »
    when has paddy ever been good at commentating. He has been awful for years

you'd certainly get a laugh anyhow but its bloody frustrating also when you are anxious to hear how the game is really going.

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Truly awful commentary alright but sure with the match so bad it was the only form of entertainment.

Poor result though, I really the footballers could put up a better show and maybe even sneak a result.
    I think there should be a major review of Club Football in the county.

We have a very small amount of clubs up to any form of scratch in the county and given that we are a big county that is just not acceptable. Even if the north fielded a few combo teams then it should be allowed. While we may have too little clubs playing senior football we have far too much playing senior hurling and i feel it should be halved.

For anyone living in the Clonmel area Tipp U/21 team are playing Wexford on Monday night in a Hurling challenging game in Clonmel Sports field @7.30 27-6-11.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

tippspur wrote: »
    For anyone living in the Clonmel area Tipp U/21 team are playing Wexford on Monday night in a Hurling challenging game in Clonmel Sports field @7.30 27-6-11.

Ah crap. Only saw this now. Would've headed up to it I guess. Any score do you know?

• Advertisement

Ah crap. Only saw this now. Would've headed up to it I guess. Any score do you know?

Tipp won it handy in the end although i admit i lost track of the score but according to Premierview the final score was 4-24 to 2-17. Some good performances from Bubbles at wing fwd, Aidan McCormack in the corner, Paddy Murphy at number 11, Brian Stapleton at midfield.

EDIT: Very small crowd at it but it wasnt highly promoted and was free in.

Advertisement