Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going Back to Ireland - Best Method for Currency Exchange?

Options
  • 07-03-2011 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hola boardsies!

I'm heading back to the homeland in 2 days and I was just wondering what the best option at the moment for currency exchange is ($ to €)? Should I transfer over internet banking (ANZ - AIB), change it at the airport, use a currency exchange site, or change it locally (Sydney) in a currency exchange store in order to get the best rate?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Hola boardsies!

I'm heading back to the homeland in 2 days and I was just wondering what the best option at the moment for currency exchange is ($ to €)? Should I transfer over internet banking (ANZ - AIB), change it at the airport, use a currency exchange site, or change it locally (Sydney) in a currency exchange store in order to get the best rate?

Cheers!

Forex - do a search on this forum for it, it's been answered before
    Much better than banks

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

Yeah I did a search before I posted the thread and had a look at that Forex website. I just figured the exchange rates have probably changed since the other thread was posted, and thought asking straight up would be faster and easier! Which it was! Thanks dude :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

..No wait, hang on. Now I remember; I had a look at Forex and the minimum transfer amount is $2,000, while I'm transferring under $1,000!

Back to square one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Leave it here and come back another day

Advertisement