Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glencolmcille Hotel Bought by Thin Lizzy Drummer?

Options
  • 07-03-2011 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I heard a rumour last week that the "Bay" was sold to Thin Lizzies drummer who is to turn it into a residential recording studio/practice venue. Can anyone confirm this? Cos it would be way cool!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Their is word that it is sold but never heard that story but will keep my ear to the ground!! BTW the hotel is in very bad shape and the cheapest option would be to toss it, (the ballroom area was built over a spring well and I heard it is like a lake in there now).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chaosarmy

as a friend of the thin lizzy band and drummer especially i can inform you that the rumours going round about his purchasing the place are nothing but a load of baloney or the fact that it would be a recording studio or a practice venue had him in stitches, but carrick man what made me most currious was were did u get your information about the ballroom being built on a spring as surely planning permission would not be granted and the place would sink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jersygirl

Wonder how all these rumours start???? And if the Ballroom is built on a spring then i am sure that it will be tossed.Nobody in the right mind would buy that if this was the case.Hope whoever is going to buy it has it looked over to see it worth the bother. That was a good question Chaosarmy

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Dr. Fell

Awwww. Would have been soooo cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

A mate of mine had went into the hotel last year for seats for a function in the village and was given the keys to take some and when he entered the ballroom area he said it was like a swimming pool in there and when he asked about this locally that is the answer he got regarding the spring, it is probably a case that this was being diverted some how when the hotel was open and but since it has been closed over 6 years now things like this happen when it's not looked after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement