Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody gone for interviews yet?

Options
  • 07-03-2011 3:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

I mean for Post leaving cert courses. I'm a mature student, I have a few coming up in the next few weeks(i also did out a CAO form too but i want to be safe just in case i'm not offered anything). Had my first interview on Saturday at Liberties, it was a bit of a toughie to find but once i got there a half an hour early for my interview i was waiting nearly 2 hours to get my interview out of the way. I found there was more mature students there then younger students. I taught my interview went well.:)

Has anyone else had any interviews done already or awaiting them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Nothing yet. All my applications were made through CAO, so I'd imagine it will be the end of this month at the earliest that I hear about interviews.

Nervous about them, but hope most will invite for an interview rather than just going by CAO details provided.

What course did you apply for as a matter of interest OP? Any tough questions asked that might have thrown you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

gah :eek:

just thinking about it gives me the heebies

i too am waiting on interviews (applied thru the cao). if they wanna go on my cao information thats cool if they are liking what they see and are offering me a place, otherwise i wants me interviews.

wondering on the logisitics of driving cross the country for interviews tho!!!

argh tearing me hair out. the waiting and not knowing kills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Nothing yet. All my applications were made through CAO, so I'd imagine it will be the end of this month at the earliest that I hear about interviews.

Nervous about them, but hope most will invite for an interview rather than just going by CAO details provided.

What course did you apply for as a matter of interest OP? Any tough questions asked that might have thrown you?

Media production. None really just writing out a full two pages on a tv programme on the spot was a toughie but i had a few ideas i didn't get to film so it wasn't too hard.

I'm really wanting a few interviews on my CAO really

hdowney wrote: »
    gah :eek:

just thinking about it gives me the heebies

i too am waiting on interviews (applied thru the cao). if they wanna go on my cao information thats cool if they are liking what they see and are offering me a place, otherwise i wants me interviews.

wondering on the logisitics of driving cross the country for interviews tho!!!

argh tearing me hair out. the waiting and not knowing kills

That last line i agree with you soooooooooo much. Its the waiting thats the killer. The Interviews are not so bad really, i'm used to them now. I applied through the CAO but just in case i don't get offered a place or interview through the CAO i want to have something on the side .

That last line i agree with you soooooooooo much. Its the waiting thats the killer. The Interviews are not so bad really, i'm used to them now. I applied through the CAO but just in case i don't get offered a place or interview through the CAO i want to have something on the side .

do you have something on the side? i don't just the cao apps, i don't know where i would find something on the side to do tbh.

what are you going for if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

do you have something on the side? i don't just the cao apps, i don't know where i would find something on the side to do tbh.

what are you going for if you don't mind me asking?

Basically i've have a few interviews for PLC courses just in case i don't get a CAO place really. Media Studies tats what i'm going for hopefully i gt a place.

ah cool. i have been the plc route when i was 18/19 to do childcare!.

now i want to study to be a chef!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

I had my interview in the liberties college on Saturday as-well, thought it went pretty good. There was a good few mature students there so that puts the mind at ease slightly. The college is divided into two separate buildings so its a bit hard to find. The interviews are never as tough as you imagine them to be before hand.

prionnsias wrote: »
    I had my interview in the liberties college on Saturday as-well, thought it went pretty good. There was a good few mature students there so that puts the mind at ease slightly. The college is divided into two separate buildings so its a bit hard to find. The interviews are never as tough as you imagine them to be before hand.

I went to the wrong building :p. It took me a good half hour to find the other one. There were far more mature students there then younger students at my interview, i was slightly shocked. My only knock on the interviews is that they didn't bother to look at my portfilio and only go on your personality. It went well alright.

so far i have had contact from two of the colleges i put on the cao.

DIT sent me a letter saying they had got my application, they would be processing applications and calling people for interview. in april i think they said.

then today i got a letter from WIT along with a form i have to fill in (same info as on cao along with how good i think i am at different things such as communication etc) and send back by a certain time. and they are going to use that (whether for deciding who to give places to or who to call for interview i do not know) alone and not your cao information!!

• Advertisement

so far i have had contact from two of the colleges i put on the cao.

DIT sent me a letter saying they had got my application, they would be processing applications and calling people for interview. in april i think they said.

then today i got a letter from WIT along with a form i have to fill in (same info as on cao along with how good i think i am at different things such as communication etc) and send back by a certain time. and they are going to use that (whether for deciding who to give places to or who to call for interview i do not know) alone and not your cao information!!

Got a reply from IADT(not too crazy about going there) and D.i.t too. Haven't got a reply from my first two choices yet but at least i'm getting replys

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭2ndchance

Got a letter yesterday with date of 2nd April for essay in NUI Maynooth. Didn't get date for interview for Arts yet though.

Got a reply from IADT(not too crazy about going there) and D.i.t too. Haven't got a reply from my first two choices yet but at least i'm getting replys

two things.

1,who were your first two choices.
    2, i wouldn't b posting that you aren't too crazy about going to a particular college (even if you are not) cos they can and do i am sure search for stuff you have posted on sites such as this (and i know you are not using your real name but still) and if they see you have posted negative comments they will just be like 'oh well they ain't interested in us, we ain't interested in them' kinda thing. could end badly.

i think everyone should take heed of that fact. it is the same as you applying for a job and your prospective employer searching for your facebook etc yakno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Got the letter from DIT too.

Don't worry anyone who didn't get it yet, it was just an informative letter about the process that is generic, nothing to do with success or otherwise of application.

It did state however that applicants who are not succesfull for consideration for interview at a later date may not be contacted.

If you didn't get the DIT letter by Monday I'd suggest contact them just to ensure they have your application on record, but the shortlist for interview is only being drawn up now, so everyone is still in the running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Nope but I emailed DCU to make sure they had received my application as my self addressed/stamped post card hadn't been returned to me. They emailed on Thursday to say that my application was due to be reviewed by the Chair of the Department on Friday... nervous!!

Fingers crossed I get an interview and get a place, fingers crossed to us all!

yup good luck to you.

got a letter from DkIT today. and another form to fill in, bit different from the WIT one. am curious tho, why we spend so much time filling in all the info on our CAO forms, for them to all go and send us out individual forms and state on them that they will be going on this information only?

yup good luck to you.

got a letter from DkIT today. and another form to fill in, bit different from the WIT one. am curious tho, why we spend so much time filling in all the info on our CAO forms, for them to all go and send us out individual forms and state on them that they will be going on this information only?

thats the luck of the draw i'm afraid, its a bit of a tease you might get this or that. I find it tough that you have do tests just to gt interview.

gah well i will fill them all in and send them all back. and drive all over the country if necessary for interviews. i WANT to go to college and study so i WILL put in the effort now is how i see it. just thought it was a little wtf tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Nope but I emailed DCU to make sure they had received my application as my self addressed/stamped post card hadn't been returned to me. They emailed on Thursday to say that my application was due to be reviewed by the Chair of the Department on Friday... nervous!!

Fingers crossed I get an interview and get a place, fingers crossed to us all!

Hi Lil'Smiler

I have applied for DCU, what is the email address to confirm they received my application. Thanks

Partay

gah well i will fill them all in and send them all back. and drive all over the country if necessary for interviews. i WANT to go to college and study so i WILL put in the effort now is how i see it. just thought it was a little wtf tho!

it was for me too:p i taught once you filled out your CAO you get a interview straight away but i was shocked to find out its not that easy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JemTruly

Anyone here applying to Trinity as a mature student? Has anyone got a letter regarding interviews yet? The guide said interviews are held between mid March and end of April......I've applied to the English Department, going a bit mad waiting for a reply!! eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cybersheepz

I got a letter from trinity on wed (16th March) for an interview in the Pharmacy department for graduate programs so theyre getting back to people now, any word on an interview yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭macskanadrag

I'm a mature student applying to BSc physio - had my interview in Aberdeen already on Wednesday, 16 March. They will let us know next week if we get a place! Excellent, no long waiting and wondering and eating of nails :p
    I got an email from RCSI today that they scheduled me for interview in April. The other two places I applied to don't do interviews I think (I find it a bit odd).

Don't know about Trinners, check your mails and wait for the post on Monday :)

Best of luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

I've applied to cit and ucc should I be receiving a letter shortly or is it just the colleges mentioned? Thanks!

so far i have only had correspondence from dit, wit and dkit. cit was on my list so i will post here if i hear anything from anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 claire_d

JemTruly wrote: »
    Anyone here applying to Trinity as a mature student? Has anyone got a letter regarding interviews yet? The guide said interviews are held between mid March and end of April......I've applied to the English Department, going a bit mad waiting for a reply!! eek!

Got called for an interview for Trinity two days ago (Wednesday 16th). Interview for mid April. You hear anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

Thanks hdowney!

Not a problem. I know how stressful it is waiting and wondering are you gonna hear from your chosen colleges. So it is good to hear from other ppl who applied to the same places what theyv heard 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JemTruly

Finally got my letter today. Interview in two weeks...phew!!

• Advertisement

got a letter from tralee today asking me to go to some sort of thingy for mature students in may

Advertisement