Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in grange rath drogheada ???

• 07-03-2011 4:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi guys,

does anyone know of a good broadband provider in grange rath....i was with eircom but it was 56.99 per month for 7mb:(....my mum rang up because a friend in the area has next generation broadband 24mb unlimited download for 47.99 and explained that we use the internet alot as there is 3 laptops downloading mp3 or movies and a ps3 constintly streaming or gaming online....they offered another deal the same as ours but 5 devices could hook up to it and it was 10mb for 19.99...GREAT:D...anyway when it came it was a e mobile wireless dongle...:mad: theres a 10gb cap on it not 10mb download speed....the speeds are awful were lucky to get a single bar 2g connection thats less then a mb....id be better wrapping myself in coils of tin foil and running on a treadmill and i might get a connection quicker then this 2g muck....so i rang up and explained it wasnt suitable and could we switch back 2 the dsl connection...they said theres nothin they could do that were on a 12 month contract even though the other 1 is triple the price per month... so i asked to check the cap usage and we were over 200e over the limit within 3 and a half weeks...now iv worked in sales for vodafone which supply the exact same device and there wouldnt be a problem if this occured and there would be a persentage of the extra costs to pay.....even at that i could get 6 months on my old 7mb dsl for them prices and not worrie about caps...so one of my closest friends father is a eircom broadband technician and hes lookin into it at the moment so fingers crossed.....but we were grifted by someone in the office working of commission and wrongly advised at that...while they have all our usage information on a screen infront of them its extreamly irritating....seen as i was getting 20 mb broadband and tv package withe upc in dublin for 65e with sports this is an utter disgrace....

so after all that i was wondering if any1 knows of a good provider in the grange rath dublin road area.....

PPLLEEEAAAASSSSSEEEE HEELLPPPPPPPPPPP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 themartiner

hi guys,

does anyone know of a good broadband provider in grange rath....i was with eircom but it was 56.99 per month for 7mb:(....my mum rang up because a friend in the area has next generation broadband 24mb unlimited download for 47.99 and explained that we use the internet alot as there is 3 laptops downloading mp3 or movies and a ps3 constintly streaming or gaming online....they offered another deal the same as ours but 5 devices could hook up to it and it was 10mb for 19.99...GREAT:D...anyway when it came it was a e mobile wireless dongle...:mad: theres a 10gb cap on it not 10mb download speed....the speeds are awful were lucky to get a single bar 2g connection thats less then a mb....id be better wrapping myself in coils of tin foil and running on a treadmill and i might get a connection quicker then this 2g muck....so i rang up and explained it wasnt suitable and could we switch back 2 the dsl connection...they said theres nothin they could do that were on a 12 month contract even though the other 1 is triple the price per month... so i asked to check the cap usage and we were over 200e over the limit within 3 and a half weeks...now iv worked in sales for vodafone which supply the exact same device and there wouldnt be a problem if this occured and there would be a persentage of the extra costs to pay.....even at that i could get 6 months on my old 7mb dsl for them prices and not worrie about caps...so one of my closest friends father is a eircom broadband technician and hes lookin into it at the moment so fingers crossed.....but we were grifted by someone in the office working of commission and wrongly advised at that...while they have all our usage information on a screen infront of them its extreamly irritating....seen as i was getting 20 mb broadband and tv package withe upc in dublin for 65e with sports this is an utter disgrace....

so after all that i was wondering if any1 knows of a good provider in the grange rath dublin road area.....

PPLLEEEAAAASSSSSEEEE HEELLPPPPPPPPPPP[/QUOTE]

Advertisement