Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast

Options
  • 07-03-2011 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Best place for a nice breakfast in Cork:pac::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

cafe on the top of south main street (not far form Hoggies chipper)...........cant remember the name of it........somebody else here will :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Tony's bistro on north main street do the nicest breakfasts ever! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Bully's on Paul St is good and reasonably priced.

Tony's Bistro - sausages, rashers and beans are awful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Tony's Bistro for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

You've probably had breakfast at this stage :pac: but I think Liberty Grill on Washington St is the best - great choice from fruit and yoghurt to pancakes to eggs done every which way you can think of, reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Thats it tonys!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Tony's Bistro - go for the 'Enterprise'.
    Jesus I'm drooling here....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trebormurf

Gotta b the Lib Grill on Washington St.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

Didn't make it to Tonys :mad:. Stopped in thomkins pub and got a fry literally thrown at me ! Mushrooms rotten . Rest ok . Bar woman more interesested in talking to bar flys rather than looking after customers . Next stop will be Tonys !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

lods wrote: »
    Didn't make it to Tonys :mad:. Stopped in thomkins pub and got a fry literally thrown at me ! Mushrooms rotten . Rest ok . Bar woman more interesested in talking to bar flys rather than looking after customers . Next stop will be Tonys !!

sounds like you had a rough one!
    Don't expect too much in Tony's despite the suggestions here, the food is cheapo quality and grease galore. I wonder out of all the Tony's recommendations here, how many of them go there without a hangover ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

sounds like you had a rough one!
    Don't expect too much in Tony's despite the suggestions here, the food is cheapo quality and grease galore. I wonder out of all the Tony's recommendations here, how many of them go there without a hangover ;)

Haha - that is soooo true, I know I've never been without a hangover!! :D

Without a hangover, I think there is a place called 'Table 8' down Carey's Lane - savage food, breakfast selection is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

For the hangovers,

I think Sober lane do a 10 euro special?

Glass of Berroca, A pint, and a fry. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tishiewishie

Has to be Tony's Bistro, North Main Street :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

I recently tried Puccino's on Paul Street, for €10 it was meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Nash 19 is supposed to be quality.

You'd need a serious hangover to go anywhere near Tony's Bistro I'd imagine!

That Sober Lane offer sounds good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

However, whilst he had been doing a good breakfast and at a good price, IMO both have slipped a little, and whilst he would still be my first choice, I'd no longer 'divert' to the North Main Street ~ whereas, for a time it was the ONLY place I'd go, double on those lovely yellow lines and be out as the TW arrived ~ classic and someone should have made a film about it ...

Much love for Tony's! I've never been, but have often heard it's good for a dirty fry-up when hungover. Do they do anything else for breakfast?

Nash 19 is good too, but used to work there and just don't feel right going back as a customer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Wildways on Princes Street.

Lovely Omelette's.

For fry up's wouldn't go past Kylemore's in Merchants Quay. Great view from the window seats.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Malari wrote: »
    Nash 19 is good too, but used to work there and just don't feel right going back as a customer!

:eek: Oh you poor thing! I did a trial day there once and I almost walked out halfway through.

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    :eek: Oh you poor thing! I did a trial day there once and I almost walked out halfway through.

I posted negative stuff on here once about not going there for x and y reasons and got flamed, nice to see other folks having negative experience.

Faith wrote: »
    RoverJames wrote: »
    I posted negative stuff on here once about not going there for x and y reasons and got flamed, nice to see other folks having negative experience.

Yep, but it was only for a summer, and I just smiled and thought of the money. Customers almost treated as badly as the staff sometimes :D

Advertisement