Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Marathon 2011?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

A marathon in Waterford would be great. Was at Dublin last week and even though it turned very wet there was some athmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

just bumping this

Any updates ?

I hear Jimmy Payne is involved,someone that knows him might find out a date and any other info and post it on here.

-Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

Its on the 12th

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

tankbarry wrote: »
    Its on the 12th

12th Dec is the HALF marathon,

Cabaal wrote: »
    12th Dec is the HALF marathon,

The half is actually on the 10th Dec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

good news i just entered the viking waterford marathon,30th june ,ye ha bring it on.

good news i just entered the viking waterford marathon,30th june ,ye ha bring it on.

details please Ray....
    cost...route...etc

Quick search got me this : http://waterfordvikingmarathon.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

waterfordvikingmarathon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Absolutely excellent..can't wait. Really didn't think we would get one. It will be quite warm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Nice route and at 40e it's very reasonably priced..really can't wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Aarnikotka

Count me in! :D

Is anyone else a little surprised that streets like The Mall and the Dunmore Road aren't on the route? I suppose they don't want too much congestion, but it'd be nice to run past House of Waterford Crystal and the Bishop's Palace...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 denis behan city legend

tempting, very tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

i'd be tired after driving that distance!

fair play to all involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Are the training plans on the website good enough to get someone around the course in some kind of a respectable time?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Aarnikotka

longshanks wrote: »
    Are the training plans on the website good enough to get someone around the course in some kind of a respectable time?

It depends. Have you run a marathon before? What kind of time are you hoping for? I see those training plans on the site are based on times; whereas I would recommend distances, since it's really important to build up the miles. Try one of Hal Higdon's training plans or something like that, e.g.:

http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/MaraNovice1.html

Hope this helps :)

Advertisement