Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage advice required

Options
  • 07-03-2011 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to get a mortgage for a seflbuild which i hope to get planning in next couple or weeks.
    My situation is, permanently employed in private sector in a relatively secure IT job, on about 40K year. Have over 35K savings. No loans.
    In the current climate, i know its very difficult to get banks to give out any money, so i'm asking the question,
    Who is giving out mortgages? Is there any choice in lenders? Is BOI the best choice?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭DAT64

Hey,
    A bank will lend up to 4.5 times your salary. (i think)
    If your are first time buyer they will lend you 92% of the value of your property on completion.
    Your salary and wages sound good, but be aware each mortgage applic will be taken on a case by case basis.
    You will need to bring to your bank, payslips and maybe your P60, if your a non BOI customer you need to be able to show 6 months statements and prrof of your savings, this will speed up the approval for you.
    BOI good choice think they have best fixed rates at the moment.
    Hope this helps

Advertisement