Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

claiming jobseekers and moving house

• 07-03-2011 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi

I am currently on a fas course and getting €188 euro a week and i am currently 21.

I have just moved into my own home and i was siging from my mothers house.

Because i have moved house do i have to start a new claim or will my previous claim still remain the same because if i do have to start a new claim i will only recieve €88 pw and i will have to move home.

Any help would be great
    thanks
    Sinead:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

It does not matter where you are living, as long as you are doing the FAS course, then you will continue to receive the full rate of JA (subject of course to the means test, which if you are living at your mother's will take into account her income and the income of any spouse/partner she has).

This would be the same if you were making a new claim as even new claimants who are doing a full time FAS course receive the full rate of JA.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sparky89

i was living at home when i started the course and i moved about 2 months ago

the fas course is due to finish in 3 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

If your course is coming to an end, then you will revert to the standard rate for payment for your age, which for a 21 year old is 100 Euro per week. Once you reach 22 this will increase to 144 Euro.

If you move back home, your mother's income will be taken into account, which is why I assume your claim was reduced to 88 euro before.

i was gettin €196 before i started the course so should i not still be getting the same rate of €188

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

If your course is coming to an end, then you will revert to the standard rate for payment for your age, which for a 21 year old is 100 Euro per week. Once you reach 22 this will increase to 144 Euro.

If you move back home, your mother's income will be taken into account, which is why I assume your claim was reduced to 88 euro before.

This is incorrect.

OP as you were claiming, then started FAS course, you won't be subject to the reduced rate for under 22's. You will receive 188 as you were in receipt of this rate before.

• Advertisement

OP as you were claiming, then started FAS course, you won't be subject to the reduced rate for under 22's. You will receive 188 as you were in receipt of this rate before.

Will this still be be the case if i have changed address and moved to a different town ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Yes. They may review your means as your circumstances have changed but you are still entitled to the full rate.

thanks for the advise:)

Advertisement