Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pope could visit Ireland in June next year.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

The Queen and The Pope?
    Thats a lot of Nazis to be accommodating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Why can't they organize the Queen and the Pope's visit to run concurrently.

They could organise a winner take all fight at the river Boyne.
    Catholics to convert if the Pope loses and vice versa, should sort out sectarianism for once and all in this country. :)

I would pay to see this, RTE could have exclusive rights and sell the fight to the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

old hippy wrote: »
    I imagine there will be a sizeable amount of people who will be loudly voicing their concern over clerical abuse in the RCC. They may well still be practising Catholics, despite their horrific experiences.

Well I hope so. If I'm in Ireland at the time I'll be there with them. Though honestly I think it will be more like the protests against him in Britain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Well I hope so. If I'm in Ireland at the time I'll be there with them. Though honestly I think it will be more like the protests against him in Britain

I remember that a lot of clerics seemed very disappointed by those. I had the distinct impression that they had in fact hoped for some kind of eclat, maybe so they could portray the church as the good guys for once. It was almost sad seeing them so despondent.

Almost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

I'd go gay just to help get another photo like this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

old hippy wrote: »
    I think people have the right to protest his or Brenda's visit, in much the same way as they have to line up and applaud the visitors. Or ignore them.

Who's Brenda?? :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the catholic organisation is one of, if not, the richest cults on the planet. it can pay for that animal to come if it wants to visit. we cant afford it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Sharrow wrote: »
    He is a head of state, not just a man in frock and should be treated like just another state visit.

And our Head of State when he arrives could be David Norris.

Talk of men in frocks could be very interesting !

And we'll have a Queen and a Pope in the country at the same time after all. :D

I'm kinda looking forward to it now. :)

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Really?
    Really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

ffs, I hope I'm not paying this....

Lapin wrote: »
    It would be some crack if they all turned up at the same time !

A pope, the queen and Barack walk into a bar......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

The bonfires could start early this year before the 12th :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

The Queen, The Pope and The President...

There has to be a joke there somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Why is he going to Croke park? No point in wasting the Phoenix park thingy that was set up especially last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I'd sooner welcome the Queen.

• Advertisement

People seem to forget that he's head of a state (a small one with a big "diaspora") so as long as he's treated like a head of state then, grand.

Protests? Grand. "Affirmative Action"? Nah, hope the cops faceplant ye to concrete, cos you're ignoring the devouts, and they're people too.
    deman wrote: »

Beat you to it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

deman wrote: »

A pope, the queen and Barack walk into a bar......

The bar is full of American, English and Irish punters.

Obama says to the Queen and Pope, "Watch this, if I shout out 3 little words, all the Americans here will repeat them after me"

He then shouts out "YES WE CAN", and sure enough all the yanks in the pub repeat it after him.

So the Queen says to President Obama, "Watch this, with one wave of my arm I can get all the English people in here to greet me with applause"

So she gives a little wave and sure enough all the English people present give her a round of applause and sing 3 cheers for the Queen !

So the Pope then says to the barman, "Watch this, by reaching out my arms, I can get all the Irish people here to cheer loudly, give me a standing ovation and buy me drink all night"

And with that, he stands between the Queen and the President, reaches his arms out rapidly in each direction -

And knocks the pair of them spark out. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The pope can suck on my big ol hairy balls!
    bleg wrote: »
    He would too!

You took the words out of my mouth! :D

"The words" I said man - nothing else! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

So anyone else figuring that asking our newly inoculated guvnor(ment) to say thanks but fop off will work?

Don't mind the Pres and yer wan - but surely we can keep cult leaders out of here? Now if he wants to come here on a personal holiday and spend some church cash go for it - just as long as he stays away from the kiddies.

Gombeen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

70 posts and I can't believe no-one has mentioned Justin Bieber visiting too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭mailforkev

70 posts and I can't believe no-one has mentioned Justin Bieber visiting too...

I'd say the Pope will be raging he missed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Dont mind if the pope visit here or not, but as there are many many people here who are catholics i am sure he would get a huge welcome,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

realies wrote: »
    Dont mind if the pope visit here or not, but as there are many many people here who are catholics i am sure he would get a huge welcome,

*directs pope in direction of after hours peoples* :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

LittleBook wrote: »
    I'd go gay just to help get another photo like this one

Oh look, intelligent, passive, witty pointed protest. Nearly as good as assaulting the Guards and vandalising cars with building rubble on your own streets when making a 'political' protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

look at the amount of people coming to ireland now the new LAB/FG government have abolished the travel tax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Biggins wrote: »
    3 bullets.

One in the head and two in the chest.
    ...Just to be sure.

I jest.
    We shouldn't stoop to that level. We can be better than that!

Your're right we shouldn't shoot the Roman Emperor, but maybe we should choose a method of death that was used during the inquisition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Is he coming over to pay off the E500 million they owe?

No? Ah well I'm sure he'll encourage us to abandon our sinner ways while somehow keeping a straight face after all the sh!t they've pulled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Ah, why they hell? What a waste of time and cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

biko wrote: »
    Maybe this will come true?

The Pope and the Queen of England are on the same stage in front of a huge crowd. Her Majesty and His Holiness, however, have seen it all before, so to make it a little more interesting, the Queen says to the Pope, “Did you know that with just one little wave of my hand I can make every English person in the crowd go wild?”

He doubts it, so she shows him. Sure enough, the royal-gloved wave elicits rapture and cheering from every Englishman in the crowd. Gradually, the cheering subsides. The Pope, not wanting to be out done by someone wearing a worse frock and hat than he, considers what he could do. “Your Majesty, that was impressive. But did you known that with just one little nod of my head I can make every Irish person in the crowd go crazy with joy?"

"This joy will not be a momentary display like that of your subjects, but will go deep into their hearts, and they will forever speak of this day and rejoice.” The Queen seriously doubts this, and says so - “One little nod of your head and all Irish people will rejoice forever? Show me.” So the Pope headbutts the old bitch!.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nix84

I'll be out to see Obama alright. The man's hot in fairness. As for the other 2, couldn't give a fiddlers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Lapin wrote: »
    First the Queen of the UK wants to visit us in May.

Then the President of the USA is popping over to see us.

And then - this fella.........

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/papal-visit-for-2012-on-cards-but-protests-expected-2568362.html

It would be some crack if they all turned up at the same time !

We could race them!!! I'm betting on the black guy.

Advertisement