Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment in lieu

Options
  • 07-03-2011 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi, I was working with a company for 6 months and they went into liquidation in Nov 2009. We had to go through the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Innovation (DETI) for our Payment in lieu and holiday pay that we were entitled to.

I have just received my cheque from the liquidator, with one weeks notice and a payment of 255 less deductions?! I am so confused! Would I not be entitled to 2 weeks payment in lieu? Also I got a payslip from the liquidator...I don't know why because I got my P45 and the company haven't been trading since 2009. Would the PAYE and USC deductions from my holiday pay not be made by DETI instead of the liquidator? Any help appreciated, as I will be ringing the liquidator today, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

You were entitled to one weeks holiday and one weeks notice as you were only wnployed for 6 months. The liquidator is responsible for making deductions from your wages as it has to pay the revenue the tax owed by you and your fellow worker in lieu of the company directors.

Everything you have said is correct in accordance with the liquidation process.

Advertisement