Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100% pure cranberry juice?

Options
  • 07-03-2011 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I shop in Aldi and Dunnes, and although last time doing so I did not check in the latter, my rudimentary search in the former yielded only 'Cranberry Light Juice drink - With sugar and sweetener, made with 25% fruit juice from concentrate'.

Does anyone know where I can buy some more healthy cranberry juice? I'd rather not spend an arm and a leg in health food shop.

There was a thread similar to this previously, but it's 7 years old and I think some of the recommendations were just for regular juice.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

All cranberry juice has a huge proportion of sugar tbh. If you're just looking for the goodness of cranberries (or treating/preventing UTIs), you can get cranberry extract tablets from health food shops for fairly reasonable prices. It has all of the benefits, with none of the calories.

If it's the taste you're after though, I don't know if it's possible to get freshly squeezed juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Faith wrote: »
    All cranberry juice has a huge proportion of sugar tbh. If you're just looking for the goodness of cranberries (or treating/preventing UTIs), you can get cranberry extract tablets from health food shops for fairly reasonable prices.

Currently I do not have any UTIs, but I like some juice in the morning and research led me to cranberry juice being the healthiest of them all, as It's good for preventing heart disease etc.

Thanks for the info about the tablets, but again I also enjoy drinking the juice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

It used to be possible to get cranberry with grape - just juice without added sugars, but as the OP says all you see now is "juice drink" - which is no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I think (but could be wrong) that Kelkin do a cranberry juice that is not from concentrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

xalot wrote: »
    I think (but could be wrong) that Kelkin do a cranberry juice that is not from concentrate.

It appears they do indeed make one sweetened naturally with grapefruit. I just sent them an email asking, but can you confirm Kelkin's products are sold in regular supermarkets like Dunnes, and that I won't have to take a trip out to them in Ballymount?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

They have it Supervalue (the one on the quays in Dublin) that's where I get mine.

Advertisement